I'm The Millennial Who Finally Got Around To Watching 'Friends' And You Should Too

I learned how to do the middle finger in a secret way.

67
NBC Universal//Flickr

The show “Friends” is everywhere on social media. There are many articles written about the characters and the inside jokes of the show and scenes from the show are shared on Facebook with the caption “The best scene in television history.” All of these things led me to watch the show, even though I felt it was going to be very boring and stupid but that was me judging a book by its cover. Now that I’ve sat down and watched every episode, I love reading the articles about the show, and I can give my friends the middle finger in a secret way.

When I started watching “Friends” I wasn't watching it because I wanted to, I was watching it slowly and not really paying attention, it wasn't until mid-season one that I started to realize that “Friends” is really funny and a good show. You have to want to watch “Friends” when you start it because it starts out really slow at least for me it did, but for a person to want to watch something you need reasons to want to watch it, I’m giving you six reasons why you should watch “Friends.”

1. Relatable characters

Every character in this show even the ones that are in there for one episode is relatable in some way. But you will feel a stronger connection with the main characters. I personally relate to Chandler on a different level, I act exactly like him. They have Joey who loves food to an extreme; name another person that carries a fork in their pocket and doesn't want to go on a date with a person anymore because they took some of their food. The only person I can think of is Joey.

2. Humor is above 10

The jokes are hilarious. From the words that come out of their mouths to the faces they make when someone says something about the things they do with their hands, this show will have you dying laughing.

3. Makes you want to fall in love

There are many relationships in this show that will make you mourn for a relationship like that. Chandler and Monica’s marriage is one everyone wants, you want a person you are able to talk to and show your true self with. Rachel and Ross’s relationship shows that you can get through every obstacle that comes your way if you try and if you try together.

4. Teaches you about friendship

The show is called “Friends” so obviously it’s going to teach you about friendship. It shows you what a real friendship looks like, how to be a good friend, and how to act like a good friend. And they do this by showing different ways to be a good friend with different types of people that have different interest. It teaches you that you don’t need a friend that has the exact same interest of you, you can have one that is the complete opposite of you and still have one of the best friendships ever.

5. Teaches you about growth

In the duration of the 10 seasons of “Friends”, you see every character grow in certain ways. How the characters grow, show that growth doesn’t make you a completely different person it just opens your eyes to something that's inside of you or something helps you change a way that you see something. At the beginning of the show Joey was all about just having sex with a girl and never calling them and even forgetting that he had sex with them but towards the end of the show, we see him start to have real feelings towards girls.

6. Teaches you who you should surround yourself with

This reason links with number four. You should surround yourself with people that make you comfortable and lets you be yourself and doesn't judge you for certain things that are out of your control. Surround yourself with the people that laugh with you instead of the people that laugh at you, those people love you for the person you are.