It's Finally Summer, Now What?

It's Finally Summer, Now What?

The day of relaxation are within my grasp.
419

As I’m sitting here writing this, I am breathing a sigh of relief. Finals have finally finished, I have packed up everything in my room and all feels content. Summer is finally here!

I can hear the ocean calling my name. In a few short days I will be at the beach relishing in the sun and the feeling of being home.

I love being away at college with my friends and having this new found freedom, but there’s something about being home. It’s getting to relax without having any worries, sleeping in without thinking about classes the next day, home feels safe.

Spending the entire summer at home and at the beach is honestly what I’ve been thinking about for months on end. And it’s finally happening.

Of course with summer comes other responsibilities that I have forgotten about while away at college. Like, helping clean the house, or weeding, or even my summer job. It seems like all fun and games until half the summer has gone by while I’ve been busy doing work.

There’s also the downfall of not being constantly surrounded by your friends. That’s the hardest thing of having the adjust to every time I go home. There’s no more group dinners or movie nights.

While this summer I will be mostly working at the golf course, I will also be able to enjoy time at the beach with my family. I have spent the last six summers working at the golf course, and I am more than happy to be returning again this summer.

As much as I look forward to going home for three months, there’s also the downfall that I won’t see any of my friends until August. Of course I’ll still be hanging out with my amazing friends from home but sadly they don’t live across the hall.

I told my parents the other night that as much as I really wanted to come home I would miss living at college (sorry mom and dad). Of course my father quickly responded with, “Well the cat doesn’t live at school with you, so be excited to see her.”

Summer is always seen as a time with endless opportunities. And that is true to an extent. The days feel like they last forever and there was a countless supply of them.

I am more than excited to finally be starting summer. As most of my friends are already home from school, and it will be a summer spent with family and friends.

This summer will be be bittersweet because I will be at home and relaxing at the beach, but away from my friends and the constant entertainment.

Hopefully this summer will see many great days, because I have high hopes for this one. It will be unique just like every other one. Here’s to the beginning of a great summer, may it feel like it will last forever.