Fiction On Odyssey: The Danger Of The Red Coats

This is a piece of fiction with a twist of history!!

5

Our president, Max, was late to the Red Coat Meeting. Once again I, the vice president, had to take over. I had to go into his messy, red office and get the templates, ideas and design books.

Sam was a very irresponsible person all the time, but he always got what he wanted. In our senior year of high school, he got into Collegiate (now known as Yale University). He had awful grades too. Yale was founded in 1701 in the colony on Connecticut. It was the first scholarship fund in the colonies. It became a scholarship funded in 1732. In 1757, they were the first college to build a church on campus. While he was at Yale making history, I was a straight-A student at the University of Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1749 with Benjamin Franklin named president.

I finally made it to the meeting room. I was still thinking about how Sam was the richest person on the face of Earth. I know he does not mean to, but he always gets my dream. Being president of the Red Coat Company was my number one dream. Also, every time I get an astonishing idea, he takes credit for it.

After about 30 minutes of me taking over, Max, the president, finally shows up. Today we all had to state our new ideas for the Red Coat Company, and I remembered that in the last meeting I suggested red coats in the uniform.

Exactly 10 minutes later, Joan, the secretary, came in yelling, "Get out! Get out! The red coats are coming! The red coats are coming!" we all ran for our lives.

The last time I heard about the Red Coats was twenty minutes ago at the meeting. It was Don's idea. He was reinforcing my idea to Max.

I was unconscious for two days… I think. I woke up. The gun sounds had stopped, and it looked like everyone around me was dead. The only people alive were the guards waling around. They were picking up the dead people. The buildings were all demolished into pieces. Then, I noticed the people on both sides of me. They were Max and Joan. Both of them were dead. I was sad on the outside, but the inside of me was full of joy. If I opened the Red Coat Company again, I could be president! However then I saw a guard come up to me, he was wearing a Red Coat. He also looked very familiar. It took me a few seconds to recognize him, but then I saw it. It was from Don. I always had a suspension for that guy and now I know why. I got up and started to run, but I suddenly heard a bullet trigger. Then I heard a bang, bang, bang from behind me. The room started to get darker, and darker. I could not feel anything.