Feminism: Not An Insult

Feminism: Not An Insult

We need to come together, right now.
114

Recently, I have seen an influx in anti-feminist articles. I must admit, in this day and age, it is quite disappointing to see such articles, especially in this day and age

Marching for justice was not a march against men. If you think that way, put the brakes on and slowly put the gas on, because we are about to head on a ride. (And yes, I am proud of that)

What people against feminism fail to fully grasp is that feminism wants to include everyone, including men, to work towards goals like equal pay. If you want to keep doing 100% of the work and only getting 75% of it, then go for it. However, I will continue to fight to work towards that goal. We have come so far, yet there is a long way to go before equality.

Feminist does not mean that we are against men. Many people have the vision of a feminst as someone who hates men and wants to "smash the patriarchy." We don't. If anything, men need to step up and help us fight.

Isn't incredible what women can do? Like, our bodies are capable of some incredible things. EVen though I do not personally want kids doesn't mean I cannot marvel at the fact that it would be possible. That's pretty cool. I think that instead of approaching feminsm

It's not an insult to call someone a feminist. Loudly proclaiming your aversion to feminism, however, is an insult to women. Generations of women have marched for your right to get a job, earn your own money, and not be a housewife that is submissive to a man. My foremothers did not march for people to sit

You can call me extreme, you can call me a variety of things. But please do not think that I am less of a human because I am a feminist. The Statue of Liberty says:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

We are tired of being labeled as extremists when all we want to do is move along in terms of progress and in life. So yeah, we may be doing the so called "not normal" thing, but we are marching and believing these ideals for everyone. It's no longer a Republican or Democrat issue. This is an issue of preserving the livelihoods of women before us. We are promoting togetherness, not being divided. At the end of the day, we all have the same parts. Like an engine, we need to use those different parts to com together and help run.

I may not be your typical feminist, but then again, I've never been your "typical" anything.