Feminism Isn't The Problem, You Are

Feminism Isn't The Problem, You Are

We’re not fighting to be better than men, we’re fighting to be equal with men.
75

We treat the word feminism like it’s a dirty word — like if we utter it the entire world will come crashing down and we’ll have reverse sexism.

Newsflash: feminism isn’t intended to cause the opposite problem.

According to “Merriam-Webster,” the definition of feminism is, “the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes.”

It never mentions “overcoming men” or “being better than men.” It simply states that it’s the advancement of women’s rights politically, economically and socially.

If a female is showing up and working harder than every other person in the room — both male and female — she should be able to reach the top of the ladder. Yet, we put up road block after road block, saying things like, “Are we really ready for a female in that position?”

If the female can do the job better than the male applicant the answer should be, without hesitation, 100 percent yes.

There’s a quote that says, “Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.”

If we make a ground-breaking discovery we want the attention we deserve, we want access to the same rights as men — and not 20 years after they get it.

Feminism isn’t saying that a 110-pound female can lift as much as a 200-pound male, but it is saying that we should at least be allowed to try.

If we fail, then we fail, just like any other human we’re not going to succeed at everything we do every single time we do it.

But, we shouldn’t be written off either.

We shouldn't be told that because of our gender we can't do something.

And that's the basis of feminism.

Feminism is not a movement intended to make women more valuable than men. It is a movement to make women as valuable as men--to be viewed as equal.

This is demonstrated not just through the workplace directly but in our everyday conversation as well as shown in the video below.

Men don't have to worry about hearing that they "deserved it because of how they were dressed."

They just don't.

If you're a female, not advocating for feminism in its original intent, then you're contributing to the problem

You're allowing yourself and other women to be objectified and looked down on for something they can't control.

Women can be just as powerful as men. It's time we start believing it.