Keep your creative side occupied

Keep Your Creative Side Occupied Before It Burns Out

By changing up a routine and doing something different or doing something that you used to do forever ago, you're bringing in the new self or bringing back the "old" you.

103

If there's one thing I remember from being a child it's that I was always creative. No matter what, I've always had a creative side. I would draw, play outside, make forts, literally anything that's stimulating to my mind or brain, I would do it.

As I've gotten older, I've found that the creative part of me has started to dwindle. It's the sad reality of getting older, becoming busier, and just not having time for myself. As I've gotten older, I've started to lose passion towards what it is that I'm doing and what to do.

With that unfortunate reality, I've started to realize after years of just going with the flow that I never want to let the creative side of me die.

I never want to look back on my life and realize all that I could've done to feel younger, wiser, and more into myself that I would have been.

If I've learned anything, it's to never let creativity die.

Being creative and having that sense of creation and making things is what keeps us young! It's a different type of stimulation to draw a picture or paint a sunset that it is to go to work every day and do a daily routine.

There are many different ways that you can be and stay creative.

Drawing and painting to me are the biggest and easiest ways to stay creative. With the smallest and simplest of things, it's so easy to just let your mind flow. Often times I'll just set up different colored paints or colored pencils and doodle whatever feels right. If I'm ever in a bum mood or feeling off, I try to turn to paint to just let whatever stress I'm holding in, out.

Another way to stay creative is through journaling and stories. By writing, you let whatever is going on in your mind free. Whether it be fictional or non-fictional, it counts. I have hundreds of short blurbs of fictional "stories" or phrases that are more likely than not only meant for a creative use. I have journals filled with fictional creations and personal feelings.

Being creative and staying young tie hand in hand. They both go together in order to grow and gain knowledge in the littlest and most important things. There are often people who just go through their daily routines constantly doing the same things at the same times all the same ways. It's boring, it's not stimulating, it's really just blah.

Being creative and caring for yourself is something that I've always be a believer for. Being young and feeling young is something everyone wants more of.

When you're young, all you want is to get older. So you do things to feel more mature, and more adult and more in charge.

When you're older all you want to do is be young again and feel like a kid. So what do you do about it? You do things that make you feel young again. You paint, you draw, you go outside, you write made up stories.

No one ever said growing up would be fun and games all the time, but no one said you ever had to make growing up boring.

Do things to make you feel young. Control the parts of life that you can control. And never let that creative side of you die, it's always been there. Now it's time to bring it out.