A February Poem

I love to write many things, short stories, essays, poems. This is a diverse site with diverse postings. As we are all diverse I thought that I should make my personal page reflective of that. I've decided to release my various creative outlets between my articles. There are many things out there and each reaches out to a person differently. Poetry may not be your thing, but maybe a good story or an article of current events will bring you here. Whether it resonates with you, inspires you, infuriates you, I'm glad it did something.

I want a kiss.

I want a kiss so deep that the ocean would fail to fill it.

I want a kiss that makes me forget my name, no, that names exist. That we exist.

I want a kiss that makes me feel neither here nor there but somehow somewhere, everywhere.

I want a kiss that makes me weak in the knees but makes me feel on top of the highest mountain.

I want a kiss that tastes like the sweetest of candies, The one in the bottom of your grandmother's purse.

I want a kiss that can make me feel cool in hellfire.

I want a kiss that makes me feel like I'm floating above the clouds.

I want a kiss that makes me see stars in the light of day.

I want a kiss that feels like summer rain on burned cheeks.

I want a kiss that envelopes me like a warm hug.

I want a kiss that is a secret that tells itself.

I want a kiss that stays with me.