My Top 5 Favorite YouTubers And My Favorite Videos From Them

Here are some of my favorite creators that I like to watch when I'm studying and my favorite content from them!

346

I've been watching content on YouTube for years and have watched too many videos to count. The list of my favorite YouTubers is truly everchanging because as time goes on, I watch new and different YouTubers that happen to be on my recommended page. I hope this list inspires you to watch someone new!

1. Emma Chamberlain

Emma Chamberlain / Instagram

Now, this might be a given because I've mentioned Emma in some of my past articles and the fact that she's number one on my list, but I love her videos. The slice of life that her videos offer into her everyday errands and thoughts are great for listening to in the background of studying or watching by themselves.

I wasn't as big of a fan of her before last year, but I truly enjoy her vlogs, whether she's filming a day in her life, going thrifting in New York City, or doing a Trader Joe's haul. I also love listening to her podcast when I'm driving to and from work.

In one of her more recent podcast episodes, Emma talks about how YouTube is a lot better for her mental health than platforms like TikTok or Twitter, and, personally, I can't help but agree. As Emma brings up conversations about mental health and her past and present struggles, I think she's also breaking down the stigma that comes with mental health disorders while inspiring others to overcome them as well!

My favorite videos: "ALONE IN NEW YORK", "EVERYTHING WENT WRONG", "DAY IN THE LIFE OF A LONELY YOUTUBER", "MAYBE I CAN COOK?", and so many more.

2. Linh Truong

Linh Truong / Instagram

A creator that's a bit more niche than Emma Chamberlain but still remains one of my favorite YouTubers is Linh Truong. Linh is a 19-year-old student who attends college at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. and often uploads videos about her adventures in the city or days in her apartment with her cat, Kayla.

The aesthetic and fashion throughout Linh's videos are top-notch and I can only hope that someday I reach that level of style and confidence! Since her school year is over for the summer, she's also been uploading travel videos where she visits New York City and Los Angeles. Whether you're a full-time student like me or you just like content that features good editing, visuals, and music in the background, Linh's videos might be for you.

Favorite videos: "APARTMENT MAKEOVER + TOUR // moving into my first apartment at 18", "what i eat in a week as a college student who can't cook oop (plant-based + pescatarian)", and "study with me ! midterm exams // linh procrastinates"

3. Moya Mawhinney

Moya Mawhinney / Instagram

Another creator that focuses on content centered around lifestyle and sustainability, Moya Mawhinney is an Art History and English Literature student at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland. Moya's more popular videos derive from her "Dublin Diaries" series where she shows viewers what life in Dublin is like, but because she recently graduated, her videos are now focused around on London and her post-grad life!

Moya has a variety of videos about completing her dissertation, morning routines, meals throughout the week, and college vlogs in general. Seeing her videos were a part of what inspired me to look into studying abroad in college as they truly show what living in Ireland, and Europe in general, is like!

Favorite videos: "productive day in my life I packing, journaling, brunching", "dublin diaries I a chill weekend with me", and "week in my life in london exploring the city, food, degree results I london diaries"

4. Jazzy Le

Jazzy Le / Instagram

The fashion in Jazzy's videos, oh my goodness, I'm obsessed. Jasmine "Jazzy" Le is a student at San Diego State University and her videos about her wardrobe, weeks in her life, and tips for building your style truly keep me watching! Overall, Jazzy is incredibly real on her YouTube channel and talks about down-to-earth topics in her "Girl Talk" videos and throughout her vlogs in general.

Jazzy's most popular upload about her breast augmentation focuses not only on the process and funds surrounding the procedure, but what it means for her in terms of confidence, growth, and body image. As you scroll through some of her older videos, you can truly see the growth in confidence and style of both Jazzy's fashion and video making.

My favorite videos: "a week in my life // first week of college classes, thrifting, & lots of fun !!", "I GOT A BOOB JOB @ 20 yrs old... my experience, why i did it, complications, etc", and "a day in my life: chill day at home, scrapbooking, & college"

5. Halle Burns

Halle Burns / Instagram

Halle Burns is like the pinnacle of older sister vibes. Halle is a Communications major and makes videos about dorm life, vegan recipes, and hanging out with friends. She has almost 2 million followers on TikTok where she showcases her cooking skills, showing viewers her vegan recipes that she often makes in college or at home.

Overall, Halle is just genuine and truly passionate about what content she puts out on YouTube, and I love that! Halle also inspired me to cut down on my meat intake, as she talks a lot about the impacts of being a vegan or vegetarian!

Favorite videos: "a vegan's guide to college", "what is vlogmas?", and "i'm not good at public speaking"