My 10 Favorite New Year's Resolutions

My 10 Favorite New Year's Resolutions

Inevitable failure, or surprising success?

25
My 10 Favorite New Year's Resolutions

With New Year's out of the way, people are trying to stick to their resolutions. Some of them are easy while others are hard. The common belief is that resolutions will fail within two months after making them.

After hearing many resolutions from my friends and family throughout the years, I decided to compile the ones that I love and hate. My New Year's Resolution is to stretch more. Weird one, I know, but we all know what we need to work on, including the thousands of people who made these ones.

1. Lose Weight

This one is a hit or miss. Sometimes people actually follow through, while others struggle to fight back.

2. Work Out

This is probably the funniest one on this list. It doesn't happen as easily as getting a membership to the local gym. It takes time and dedication, and seeing the number of people at the gym dwindle down as the year progresses is actually sad.

3. Eat Healthier

I've tried this, and I always have a hard time, but it seems like people can do it so easily. Please teach me your ways!

4. Run More

This I also tried, and I'm doing well at it. I'm maybe forced to do it, but hey, at least I'm following through with something for once.

5. Be Active

This is probably the most fun resolution. Being active is so vague, and doing anything counts! People should do this one more often.

6. Be More Friendly

When my friend told me that, I laughed because I didn't realize that someone would have that type of a resolution. But apparently she is doing well, so far.

7. Be More Outgoing

This is both fun, hard, and scary. Being outgoing when you're shy is hard and seems impossible, which is why this is my favorite one to hear from people.

8. Earn Better Grades

I feel like this has the highest success rate, because if someone is thinking this, then their grades must be tanking.

9. Get a Significant Other

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. To some people relationships are everything, I guess this one can be tough, but hey, keep battling. Also, if you search up relationships in Google images, too many pictures are of couples holding hands in front of a sunset.

10. Make New Friends

My second favorite one, because the more people you meet, the more things you learn. You get to learn about people and their culture by being friends with them. And you get that extra follower on Instagram!