To The Class That Taught Me More Than Science

It was more than biomedical science at 9:05, three days a week.

123

Dear BMS110,

Through the semester I have grown a tremendous amount. From the little things like completing my first semester of college to the bigger things like deciding that nursing is not for me. And although I went into this semester thinking that being a nurse is where I would end up one day, I now know that I can't handle any type of blood.

To some people, they would see this as a waste of time but this class taught me so much in the little time that it took up. Nursing may not be up my ally but the healthcare field definitely is and taking a class that interests me is worth it.

I think that when you like a subject it makes it easy to go to class, get work is done and studying becomes fun and interesting instead of a chore. I never skipped this class despite my 3 and a half week long flu and other illnesses.

Biomedical sciences have opened my eyes even more to the field I love. I have never understood that there are some people who don't want to learn about their own body or don't find it interesting, to me, there is always something new to learn or explore.

This class grew my abilities to adapt and change as a student as well. I went into this class thinking it would be very easy after my four years of biomedical classes in high school. When in fact, it was not easy in the beginning. College class was a polar opposite of the teaching style I had experienced in most high school classes.

Although I wasn't completely lost, I had to learn how I benefitted best from notes, when to read chapters and when to get help from the tutoring center. This class hasn't always been easy but it has always been worth it.