5 Basics That Will Never Leave Your Wardrobe

Invest In The 5 Basics That Will Never Leave Your Wardrobe

Meet your five ride-or-dies: Fashion edition

66

It's no secret that investing in quality basics are the key to building a stylish wardrobe. Without versatile clothes, working your favorite statement pieces into an outfit would be nearly impossible! Before trying to seek out the latest trends in retail, do some spring cleaning and assess your resources. Do you own enough clothing that can transition you through the seasons? If not, it may be time to go shopping for these five essential items. Don't underestimate the power of a good basic – these timeless pieces will always look effortlessly chic.

1. Black or White Fitted Sweater

Neutral sweaters are a blank canvas for fabulous coats, bags with a pop of color, or statement necklaces. Opting for a fitted cut pairs excellently with high waisted pants, and will add a level of sophistication to any look. When in doubt, throwing on a basic sweater is guaranteed to pull any outfit together – especially when you're pressed for time.

2. Dark Wash Skinny Jeans

Dark wash skinny jeans are the crown jewel of jeans across all fits and washes. Dressed up or dressed down, this pair of jeans will become your go-to for more occasions than you think. If slipping into well-fitting jeans is practically ingrained in your morning routine, why not make sure you have the best pair to take on the day with confidence?

3. Neutral Coat

Basic colored coats are super convenient because you don't have to worry about whether or not they match the rest of your outfit. They can easily be thrown on to keep you cozy while ensuring that you still look fab.

4. Black Pumps

If you don't have a pair of black pumps, I'm not sure how you made it this far in life... All joking aside, investing in a chic pair of basic black high heels will serve you well for so many events that you're bound to attend. From a long day of work to a party at night, black heels are one of the most versatile pairs of shoes in your closet.

5. White Sneakers

White sneakers are the street style equivalent of black pumps. The right pair of sneakers will actually make a difference in the overall appearance of an outfit, and they will successfully help your wardrobe transition from Winter to Spring.