Farewell To My Teenage Years

Farewell To My Teenage Years

as told by Grey's Anatomy

114
Farewell To My Teenage Years

My teenage years are behind me, which is scary and exciting at the same time. But, in the last two decades of my life I have learned some important lessons that I will definitely take with me into my roarin' twenties. In no way, shape, or form am I saying goodbye to my childhood. Instead I am commemorating it and highlighting a few things I will take with me.

First and for most, it is important to know your friends and who you're with. You want to treat people how you want to be treated. You don't want to forget anyone who was important to you for years and years. Some of your best friends are the ones who knew you all along.

Some days are long and I'm sure that they will only get longer with job applications, research, and the like. I am one tough cookie and it's a blessing and a curse. But, I'll try to remember these wise words of Meredith Gray.

Do you remember all those years your mom reminded you to clean out your drawers, vacuum your room, and maybe once in a blue moon to dust your room? That'll come in handy when you finally find a place of your own. Miranda Bailey knew that well; I can understand why they called her the Nazi.

When things are going south and it seems like nothing is going your way. It is important to remember you are so much more than you think you are. You have so much potential. Time will show that. I have no doubt.

And if that doesn't work out in your over-worked, stressed, and beaten mind, you could always binge eat in order to feel better. Ben and Jerry's usually does the trick, but luckily for us, from the wise words of Izzy, those calories don't count.

In conclusion, I'm really no different now then I was a year ago. I've learned from mistakes and I've matured. But, in the grand scheme of things, I'm just me. I still don't know what I want to do with my life. I thought I'd have it all figured out, but I've come to learn that it is perfectly okay to be lost in your life. To wait for the spark. Or to wait for the right thing to happen that will lead the way. For now, I'll cherish my twenties and continue to be the best me. Hopefully, I'll know what I'm doing by this time next year. But until then, I'll just have to patiently wait.

And finally,

Bring it on Twenties, I'm ready for you.