A Farewell To The Odyssey From Your Average Content Creator

This isn't goodbye, but a see you later.
338

If you're reading this, you're probably one of my beloved followers who read my content every single week. And I'm sorry to have to tell you that you won't be able to do that anymore because I'm hanging up my hat and saying goodbye to the Odyssey for a little while.

But before I go, I wanted to give a proper goodbye and thank you to all of the amazing people who read my content every week and have given me such a huge and loving support system that I never thought was possible. The compliments you all have shared with me about both my writing and my character have meant the world to me. I am so grateful for the opportunity to share my beliefs with the world through a few short words every week and YOU have made that opportunity possible for me, and for that, I can't thank you enough.

But instead of sappy thank you's and goodbyes, I thought I would reminisce on my time here with the Odyssey and some of my content that I had written, so here it goes.

Before joining the Odyssey, I remember reading content from other creator's and falling in love with the words and perspectives they shared because it was something different, it was something that actually pertained to me and my beliefs as a woman. Then as I found out SVSU had its very own community of writers, I couldn't wait to join.

I still remember writing my very first article and being absolutely terrified of the types of responses I would get or what people would think of me, but after it went live, I was certainly blown away by how many kind words people shared with me. My "No I Don't Have A Boyfriend And I'm Doing Just Fine" article is still one of my favorites to this day.

From there on, I was hooked. I absolutely fell in love with writing and sharing my beliefs and perspectives on things in this world. I wrote about life, love, family, friends, farming, political issues, and everything else in between.

My first farming article "Here's to the Farmer" was another one of my favorites, I finally got to tell the full story of farming, not the "farmer's are rich story". And I'm pretty sure it made my dad cry even though he doesn't like to admit it.

I wrote about my life-changing mission trip, my stance on bullying, and my "7 Reasons You Wish You Grew Up In A Big Family."

Another one of my favorites that I still refer to daily would have to be my "20 Bible Verses For Every Emotion" because you always need a great Bible verse and God to help lead you through your life.

To the very first time my article was shared on the Odyssey's Facebook page reaching thousands of more people.

And even to my hometown article that received so much love and support, "25 Signs You're From Reese, Michigan."

From then on, things only got better as I reached almost a million views with my two most famous articles "Dear Mom, I Hope You Know" and "To The Girls Wearing Cheeky Bathing Suit Bottoms, Please Stop" . Although both articles gave me VERY different types of criticism, I only became stronger and my article "To The Girl I Used To Be" explains that perfectly.

And from there, I finished out strong with some fun articles about my sorority sisters, my summer bod, being crowned Michigan Sugar Queen , and camping .

It certainly was a year full of ups and downs, full of immense personal growths, and full of amazing memories I will never forget.

Odyssey, you've been good to me.

This isn't a goodbye, but a see you later, you never know what the future may bring.

Cheers,

Your average content creator.