11 Questions To Know The Answers To Before You Leave Home

11 Questions You Should Know The Answers To BEFORE You Move Away From Home

Don’t be clueless.

89
Ashley Lytle

Since I can remember I've had this dream of moving out and being on my own. Of being free from my parents prying eyes. Wanting to move away from home is nice and all, but it is also extremely stressful, and it's even more stressful if you don't know the answers to these 11 questions.

1. What is your family’s medical history?

Whenever you have to go to the doctors they're going to ask this.

2. How do you do laundry?

Do you wash everything the same way? What can I dry and what can't I dry?

3. How do you prepare your favorite meals?

You're going to miss them. But if you know how to make them maybe you can avoid missing your favorite home cooked meals.

4. How do you get rid of stains?

Dropped some food on your favorite shirt? You're going to want to know what to do in order to have the best chance of saving it.

5. What insurance do you carry?

Another question you're going to need to know for when you go to the doctors or have to pick up a prescription.

6. How do you budget successfully?

Trust me, you have to know this.

7.  How much does it cost to buy groceries?

You might not be able to buy all the foods you love because it won't fit into your budget.

8. What is your gross monthly income?

This is IMPORTANT.

9. What will your monthly expenses be?

Will you have bills to pay? Utilities? What about your entertainment budget? Groceries? Your car? Add it all up.

10. What do you need your monthly income to be? And can you realistically obtain it?

Be real with yourself. If you need to work 30 hours and attend school full time in order to pay your bills then truly ask yourself if you can do that all. If not something’s got to give.

11. What can you not live without?

The answers for this need to be added to your monthly expenses list.