Famous People Who Believe In Ghosts

These 5 Famous Actors Have Run Into Paranormal Activity In Real Life

Even the rich and famous can be haunted!

44
Instagram

Ever since I was a little girl, I've been obsessed with the paranormal. If you ask my mom, she'll tell you that my go-to movie pick is anything with ghosts- even though I spend most of my time watching them through a blanket or snuggled up with a pillow. Nevertheless, I spend most of my weekend nights watching the newest (or oldest) scary films.

But if you're somebody who doesn't get scared by movies (after all, they're only movies), then here's something that will really freak you out: scary-movie actors who have their own, real scary stories to tell!

1. Kate Hudson

Starring in Ehren Kruger's 2003 film "The Skeleton Key," Kate Hudson has officially dipped her toes into the horror genre. The mostly rom-com actress has a few secrets up her sleeve, however- she sees dead people! Well, in a sense- in an interview in 2014, Hudson claimed that she can feel spirits, which she describes as "a fifth energy." She even mentioned a time in which she saw a faceless ghost-woman! Reportedly, Hudson's mom, Goldie Hawn, also experiences similar feelings.

2. Lucy Hale

From hit series "Pretty Little Liars" to the 2018 horror film "Truth or Dare," Lucy Hale is no stranger to all things creepy. Sharing her story with Hollywood Teen'Zine, Hale told of coffee-hungry ghosts who shut her doors and trigger motion-sensor alarms.

Thankfully, Hale also stated that while she doesn't feel threatened, she does still get freaked out. And who could blame her?! Here's to hoping that the ghosts will soon leave Hale and her coffee alone!

3. Keanu Reeves

It turns out that when John Wick (aka Keanu Reeves) isn't fighting bad guys, he's dealing with ghosts! Reeves has starred in many creepy films including "The Matrix", "Constantine", and "The Watcher." And while they aren't all paranormal, they do seem to have a strange or unnerving feeling that viewers can't seem to shake.

As it turns out, Reeves doesn't just face the strange in movies- he's faced it in real life, too! Starring on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Reeves recalled a time as a young boy when both he and his nanny saw a ghost- definitely bizarre!

4. Matthew McConaughey

Okay, okay, Matthew McConaughey hasn't ever really starred in a traditional paranormal film. But he did star in "Frailty," which is just as dark and eerie (and touches on the supernatural). And while McConaughey certainly gets a ton of attention from his (living) female fans, it appears that he's been getting some love from the dead ones, too!

In an extremely appropriate fashion, McConaughey opened up about real-life ghosts while discussing his film, "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past". While sharing his story, he even mentions that his ghost has a name, Madame Blu! McConaughey reports that her presence was short-lived, however, so hopefully, she finally found peace.

5. Dan Aykroyd

Alright, this by far is the coolest one! One of the original "Ghostbusters," Dan Aykroyd apparently was inspired to make the movie based on his own experiences with the paranormal! Claiming that the paranormal was never something strange in his childhood, Aykroyd has stated that he's been witness to many paranormal happenings. In fact, Aykroyd believes that he's been visited by his own great-grandparents! Clearly, this ghostbuster has a few more ghosts to catch!