Family of secrets
popular

Family Of Secrets Part 3

Will Julie tell her brother what happened?

473
Family Of Secrets Part 3

"Surprise, I know you did not even think it would be me, did you?" Jude says. He is in a very fancy suit and tie, which is different from the camouflage he usually wears.

"What are you doing here?" Asks Julie as she wraps her arms around her brother tightly."I thought you were Mom."

"I see how it is; a brother cannot just come to visit his sister, fine I'll just go," Jude says playfully, not meaning the words that just came out of his mouth. Jude turns to walk out of Julie's room when she stops him.

"That is not what I meant; I just know you only come up once a year around October to go deer hunting; it is not October, it is May."

"I had a business meeting that brought me back to this neck of the woods, and honestly I am glad, I do not care too much for Seattle. I am excited to get a two-week break from that place."

"You will be here for two weeks, that is amazing. I have really missed you and to be honest, there is something I really want to tell someone, but I am not sure how to say it or who I should tell."Julie says nervously as she walks out to the porch to sit on the swing. It is sunny, at the moment, and it helped provide Julie with a bit of comfort as she confides in her brother. Jude follows behind her.

"Is everything okay? Oh, I know what it is, you are finally leaving for college that I know you want to do? Or, no, wait, you finally met someone you really like? Oh, come on now, tell me?" Jude says very impatiently. Julie begins to think opening up right now might not be the best idea, his eagerness just seems a bit high, and it will only bring sadness.

"What's the rush, you will be here for a few weeks, I just meant I miss you like any sister would miss their brother, and it is really good to have you here is all." There may be that helped smooth things over, I know now is not the time, he just got here. I am not about to dampen his mood. That will only make him dread coming here. Jude goes along with this. He can see Julie is extremely unsettled about something, it makes him nervous but does not want to pry. Instead, he sits on the swing with his sister taking in the country air. Julie's anxiety fades as she feels the safest she has felt in a long time, and Julie even was able to sleep very soundly that night.

Jude came back from a long day of work when he notices his sister sobbing on the porch. Julie knew she had privacy since her mother once again had a migraine. The rain was pouring down, almost inviting her to cry. Julie often cried when she knew no one would be able to witness it. "Why are you crying, Julie? Is mom ok?" Jude asks as he rushes to his sister's side. "Mom is fine, but I have to tell you something that is bothering me and has been for a long time now, but before I do I want you to promise me that you will try to be understanding and not criticize me for not telling you."Jude could tell his sister was really hurting, and it hurt him inside to see his sister in so much pain."I promise Julie; you are safe with me, you can tell me anything."

"Okay, here it goes. Do you remember that one day I told you and mom that I was late because Katie and I decided to get milkshakes after playing at the park?" Julie asks but not really in the way of wanting an answer-back. "Well about ten years ago, actually exactly ten years ago, something happened that I never told anyone. I did not even go to the park that day with Katie. I was supposed to meet her there, but she never showed up. Well, what really happened was…oh gosh this is very hard to say." Julie cringes, trying to gain enough composure to tell her brother what happened that day.

"It's okay Julie, I am right here, and if you aren't ready to talk about it, I understand," Jude says as he wraps his arm around his sister, trying to comfort her.