Fall Semester Is Done, So What Now?

One of Eight Semesters Completed, So What Now?

Finally finished my fall semester of college and it is strange how quickly time flies.

44

These past three months I was blessed with the best time at the University of Delaware. My first semester of college is over, and now I have to wait another TWO WHOLE MONTHS to go back for my spring semester. It took a lot of transitioning for me to get used to such a new atmosphere in totally new state, but I made it work in the end. I made tons of new friends, took awesome classes, ate great dining hall food, and joined an acapella group. Nothing else could have made my first semester greater than it was (except for a cheaper tuition price, oops). Time flies when you grow up, and I'm afraid that when I blink my eyes I'm going to be standing at my college graduation ceremony. It is absolutely crazy.

From sleeping in my dorm student lounge for the first few weeks of classes (my room was too hot don't judge), to having movie nights with my friends 24/7, my first few months at UD have already started a foundation of memories. I already have so many great stories to tell my kids for when I'm older, and I still have seven more semesters to go. I never thought that being a COMM major would bring me so many memories. Everyone always says, "Oh the party major" or "So you have the easy major?" There's nothing easier about my major from yours, except I did find myself having no finals during finals week, and I always had free time while my roommate, Nate, was studying his ass off for his classes.

Don't get me wrong, I still did work and I did well in all of my classes, but I think I spent more time playing 2k, Fifa, and Madden with my friends due to all my free time. There were some nights where I did hit the books, and there were other nights where I stayed up watching videos and listening to music. Either way, I look back on this experience now with so much positivity.

In early October I signed a lease for an apartment with my two new friends for next year, this past week I had a secret santa party with the people on my floor, and so much more. I got to experience so much with my acapella group and met so many great people through it. They're like a new family to me, as are my friends on my floor. The stories I could share with you all right now just after spending three months on campus, my gosh.

One of my favorite things though is that I didn't lose touch with my home. Some of my friends came up to visit for a weekend, I went home every now and then to visit them, and my girlfriend came up frequently and got along really well with my friends there. That was one thing that worried me about going to college: losing touch with the people I knew for so long at home. I am so grateful to have so many different friends whether they be from my hometown or at college.

Life is full of wonders, and college is definitely one of them (minus the expensiveness of it like gosh somebody cut that in half for me please). If you do end up going to college, enjoy it. Time will fly right out the door and before you know it you'll be in your thirties paying your bills. I am beyond thankful for where I ended up after high school. I met so many new people, and I still keep in touch with my old friends. If my first semester was this great, and I'm so freaking pumped for the semesters to come. 'Til then, have a happy holiday season everyone.

-A