My Faith In God Taught Me That I Have The Power To Change My Attitude Toward Things Out Of My Control

Elise's Soul Food: Have Faith, Live Loved.

184
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/04/636558002178767931-561780266_IMG_E6450[1].JPG

There are so many times in my life where I have been faced with adversity and circumstances that always seemed to be out of my control. Whether it was making a volleyball team, or being nominated for an award, receiving a scholarship, getting an interview and/or a job, all of these situations were something that all I could do was my give my all and hope for the best. Sometimes I would even find myself getting down on my knee's and praying that I would be chosen for and /or accepted because it seemed like in that moment if I didn't get chosen it would be the end of the world.

Take a second to think about your life, and situations you have gone through with these same sort of circumstances. Situations where you put your heart and soul into something and got nothing to show for it. Think, have you ever not received something that you worked your butt off for? Have you ever been rejected, or discounted for and still find yourself puzzled not understanding why, knowing that you are just as capable if not better at doing that task or job than the next person? Well, what I can tell you is this, over the years I have learned that sometimes the reason why things don't work out the way they do for you is not your fault.

In fact, most times it has to do with the people who have the power to make those decisions and what they decide to do with it. Nine times out of ten there are politics or demographics involved in coaches and employer's making decisions that have nothing to do with you at all. It may not even be about you not having certain qualifications or credentials but simply that you were very similar to another person and the person randomly chose them over you. You have to realize that everything is not meant to be and happens for a reason. As I said in my article on finding validation from within, what God has for you is for you.. Nobody can take away from you what God has already decreed on your life.

Personally, I have dealt with a plethora of situations that didn't work out in my favor, but then again, who hasn't. We like to think that some people have it all together, and are always doing the right things, but the sad truth is that nobody is perfect, and everybody has their own problems and demons that they deal with, whether you know it or not. It is not our place to get into someone else's business, but it is our choice to take a step back and think about what that other person might be going through and/or the situations that they find themselves in that they may not want to be in themselves.

I have learned that sometimes God makes us experience loss and failures and go through challenging times, not to make us weak, but to make us strong, and to learn from our mistakes and be a better person because of them. When you do not receive a job opportunity or a relationship doesn't work out, for instance, God wants to show you that he has something else better in store for you, and all you have to do is trust in him that he already has got everything worked out for you.

You have the power to choose how you let people or bad circumstances affect you. You can choose to have a negative attitude and throw a pity party, letting your emotions get the best of you when things don't go your way, or you can choose to be optimistic, and accept what is done is done, and move on to bigger and better things. You have the power to choose to take the high road and make lemons out of lemonade. As Michelle Obama said, "when they go low, we go high."

Do not let other people make you think that you are less than or not capable or qualified to do or be apart of something. You were made to be one of a kind, and God handpicked you and each and every one of us to be the best that we can possibly be in our own unique and wonderful ways. We all have God-given gifts, passions, and things that we are proud of, people we love that are here to support you, but when people are not there for you and it seems like nobody is there, God is there. He has and will always be there for you ready to guide your life if you let him. Let go of all the resentment and bitterness that you have been holding in, the guilt, the pain, let the tears flow, and then smile and be happy knowing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and tomorrow is a new day.

You have the power to choose to be happy each and every day. Allow yourself to have peace of mind knowing that even when it seems like you have no control over your life, you can feel secure knowing that God is in control, and he only wants the best for you. Have peace of mind. Have faith. Live Loved.