Failures Don't Define You. You Define Yourself.

Failures (n): Something you can chooseto let it define you, confine you, outshine you OR refine you. Something you can choose to move on and let it behind you.

691

After every sort of milestone, I find myself looking back at how things changed. Specifically, I've realized how some things did not work out, but overall, everything seemed to still be okay and altogether. I look back to how much I've grown up after the experiences I endured. I look back to all the accomplishments I have made along the way, but at the back of mind, I still wished that those disappointments - or what I would call "failures" in my mind - did not occur. Even with all the different types of accomplishments I've made, whether it is school, career, or social-life related, I still am not happy that some things did not work out the way that I expected it to. Or should I say, I was not happy that some things did not work out the way I wanted it to. That's right. I've learned to accept my failures. I stopped letting it define me. I stopped letting other people define me because of it, and most importantly, I stopped letting myself define who I was because of my failures.

In the moment of our lives flashing by us, we tend to forget that we are human. As much as we try to strive for perfection, there will always be the times where we won't be able to get what we want. Trust me, as perfect as I want to be, I am no stranger to reckless mistakes, and at times, failures that I find myself encountering. I find myself regretting the stupid things that I say, ultimately, disappointing the ones that I love sometimes. I find myself setting the bar too high when it comes to my goals, but I still manage to find myself continuing to do so, only to have me fall. I wish it weren't like this, and no matter how hard I tried, I still find myself trying to figure things out and to get it right. But it's okay, it will come together somehow and someday. Trust me, I don't have my stuff figured out, but I am confident that I will figure it out, and when I do, everything that did not work out will seem so clear to why things happened the way it did.

Throughout life, we all find ourselves betraying ourselves somehow, someway, but don't forget that's now how the story ends.Our struggles, our failures, our disappointments - they do not define us.They help us grow.

So the next time you find that you are beating yourself up for something that didn't work out, remember this..

Failure means there is room to grow.
We have this image of being perfect. We want everything to be spot on when it's the first. There is this fear that we won't be able to do something without failing. But what is more important is that you overcome this fear. Overcome it with faith. Faith overcomes anything - a score, performance, outcome - because even if you cannot get what you want, you are still on your path of becoming something great. You are on a path with faith. With every obstacle, you are one step closer to what you want.

Focus on doing you. Focus on being the greatest. Forget failure.
We have all these goals that we set for ourselves. These are the dreams that we want to make come true. But how do you expect them to come true when all you can do is doubt yourself on your way to that dream? Think of it this way, when you are in the middle of putting on a show for your audience, what is on your mind? You want to put on the best show for everyone because in the end, that is what you worked for. So why is it that after you perform, you pick on what you didn't do well and not on what you suceeded in? Remember when you put yourself out there and it's time for you to show what you worked so hard for, these people watching you are looking for what you've been preparing for all along. They've been waiting for you to kill it. So kill the failure thoughts, and let yourself have this moment you deserve.

Failure happens for a reason. Everything happens for a reason.
We've all heard of this cliche line - that everything happens for a reason. Well it's time that you look back on everything that did not seem to work out in your life. Now look at yourself now. Look at how somehow you turned out to be okay, and that the thing you were beating yourself up on is something you don't even think of much anymore. We all strive for success, but it doesn't work out all the time that we get what we want on the way there. We skip out on opportunities. Maybe it was something you've dreamed for and wanted for so long. It is something you worked your ass for, but yet you see it slip away out of your hands. It kills you. You beat yourself up for it. Everyone tells you that it happened for a reason, and that there are other opportunities out there for you. That's right. Better ones. Ones that will fit you, suit you better. Ones that will make you the person you want to be ultimately. So remember, what's for you will not pass you.

Know what you are worth. Know that failure is just a definition that you put into your life.
Only you know what you worked so hard for. Whenever you're up there doing your thing, only you know how much effort you put in to be where you are at. So whenever you get to have a moment, make sure you don't let that moment define you. But, instead, YOU define the moment. You let everyone know that your practice and preparation is what brought you where you are. You show them what you are worth because only you know what you are capable of. Define yourself with your strength, mentally and physically. Use your voice. Use that inner faith and confidence. Let others know what you are worth, and most importantly, know that regardless of the outcome, you have given your best. And that is what you're worth. Your best. So make every moment of your life worth what you are worth.

Your journey is worth more than your any of your failures.
You can ask anyone who has been closer and closer in approaching their dream and vision. They had a lot of obstacles before being where they are. It is during this time that they gained the strength to pick themselves up everytime they fall. What is the most important part of their outcome? Their journey. It is their journey that made them who they are and why they are even more blessed to be where they are. It is not the destination they have come to that means the most to them. It is the journey they survived. And their destination is their reward.

Lastly, remember - you are human. Failures are a part of us. That's OK!
And that's it.. we can't embrace that failure is a part of our nature. We are the people who focus on the past, rather than looking into the future. So here it is. Focus on the now. Focus on what you want on the future. Accept that it will be a journey getting there. Remember that the best are the ones that seize the moment. These are the people who do not run from fear. These are the people who do not lear fear rob them from their love and passion for what they want. These are the people who let fear push them into the moment and beyond what they can see themselves doing. They use failures to inspire them to continue and produce the success they want to see.

Now you must be wondering why throughout this article, you've seen the word failure being crossed out. Well that's because from now on, we are going to stop referring to this word. We are going to replace it. Replace it with motivation. Replace it with determination. Replace it with success.

Replace it with you.

Because you are what defines every moment in your life, success or failure. You are more than your successes. You are more than your failures. You are who you are in the moment. You are who you will become in this journey. So live in every moment and make the most of you.

Make every moment yours.