Hardships Are A Part Of Our Relationships, But That's Life

Failure in relationships is part of life, whether it is with someone who is blood-related or a long-term friend.
592

If there is one thing that I learned throughout my college career, it is that relationships are hard. So freaking hard.

We're not even talking about romantic relationships. We are talking about the relationships that we have with the people around us - our family, our friends, our roommates, and our boyfriend/girlfriend. Relationship building is part of human nature and we all desire to grow and belong. However, we all know how hard relationships actually are, with the commitments that we make that require time and care.

As these relationships grow, we become vulnerable, and as we become more vulnerable, our expectation for this person increases. We start to depend on this person and expect this person to know you inside and out. This doesn't come only with romantic relationships, but in our relationships with our friends and even with our family members.

But the only person that truly understands you is, well, you.

I've learned that many relationships in your life will come and go, and it gets to a point where you may feel lonely, but during this time is when you prosper! I have learned that it takes loneliness to build a stronger heart, as well as a growth within who you are and your understanding of yourself.

Many times when I talk to people about relationships, whether it is with a married couple, siblings, or best friends, they all end with, "Relationships are hard, but it's how you make it work that matters."

Relationships are hard because we are all different individuals, with different ways of communication. But if there is one thing I can conclude with, it's that in a relationship with an individual, acknowledging that as you have your weaknesses and sensitive areas, your friend, dad, mom, sister, boyfriend/girlfriend has their own weaknesses and sensitive areas as well.

It's so crucial and makes a huge difference once you realize that in a relationship, there needs to be clarification and a certainty that both sides want to work on their relationship with each other so that the journey is not a one-way street, but a two-way street of receiving and giving.

Failure in relationships is part of life, whether it is with someone who is blood-related or a long-term friend. Relationships are hard but there is no such thing as a perfect relationship, so don't give up on those you love and on those who love you back!