A List of Facts That Made Me Rethink Life

A List Of Facts That Had Me Rethink Life For At Least 10 Minutes

You learn something new everyday

19
Photo by Jessica F on Unsplash

There is common knowledge and there is not-so-common knowledge. I hope you feel as enlightened as I did after learning these facts.

1. The amount of pressure used to bite a carrot is the same amount that can bite a finger off.

Photo by Harshal S. Hirve on Unsplash

Our brains just won't let us do it.

2. Pirates wore eye patches so that they could easily adapt to see in the dark.

Photo by Scott Umstattd on Unsplash

It really wasn't just because their eye was missing.

3. The current U.S. flag was designed by a high schooler, Robert Heft, for a school project and he got a B- on it.

Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash

Don't worry, he got an A when it was chosen to be the country's flag.

4. Nobody for sure knows the inventor of the fire hydrant. The patent was burned in a fire.

Photo by Joshua Hoehne on Unsplash

What a coincidence.

5. February used to be the last month of the year.

Photo by Cathal Mac an Bheatha on Unsplash

There also was a February 30th.

6. Banana flavored things don't taste like the bananas we know because the flavor is based off a banana that got wiped out by a plague.

Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

The 1950's must have had one heck of a plague going around.

7. Interrobang is the name for this "!?" punctuation mark.

Photo by Holger Link on Unsplash

There really is a name for everything.

8. A group of pandas is called an embarrassment.

Photo by Pascal Müller on Unsplash

This isn't some kind of bad joke or insult, a group is literally an embarrassment of pandas.

9. Oklahoma's state vegetable is watermelon.

Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash

Yes, watermelon is a fruit. The state fruit spot is taken by strawberry.

10. The youngest pope was 11 years old.

Photo by Ashwin Vaswani on Unsplash

He must have been mature for his age.

11. Most cruise ships have their own morgue.

Photo by Peter Hansen on Unsplash

Very considerate of them.

If you knew more than one of these facts already, I am truly impressed. I'm sure you're a hit during trivia night.