10 Things You Need To Know About Meghan Markle

Some important facts for the American actress turned Royal.
159

You thought it was just like any ordinary Monday. A standard, boring day -- wake up, go to class, get coffee, and do some work. While in a coffeeshop though, you check your Snapchat. You receive a snap from your friend that declares “PRINCE HARRY IS ENGAGED!!!!!!”

“What?” you think to yourself, and then you research. Investigating, you verify this claim and then frantically research ‘Meghan Markle’.

Being an avid ‘Suits’ fan, I knew her character Rachel Zane well. In ‘Suits’ her character plays an incredibly smart, driven, and beautiful paralegal who has a tumultuous but adorable relationship with another protagonist, Mike Ross. I connect Meghan Markle to her character, but, I don’t know much about the woman who is going to be entering the Royal Family. I know she's talented and beautiful, but what else?

1. She's originally from Los Angeles, California (#calirepping in the Royal Fam)

2. She graduated from Northwestern in 2003 with a degree in theatre and international studies

3. She was a Kappa Kappa Gamma at Northwestern

4. She is a global ambassador for World Vision Canada, and travels to Rwanda for their Clean Water Campaign which seeks to provide safe, clean drinking water

5. She has worked with the UN Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women

6. She was married to actor and producer Trevor Engelson from 2011-2013

7. She and Prince Harry were set up by a friend on a blind date

(Get me a friend like that?!).

8. She is going to be baptized and confirmed in the Church of England, and will also become a British citizen

It's going to take 5 years (maybe a bit shorter) for her to gain citizenship, so she can't get a fancy title until she is officially a citizen.

9. Her engagement ring is made up of three diamonds, two of which came from jewelry collection of Princess Diana

10. After the upcoming final season of 'Suits,' Meghan is going to give up her acting career to focus her time completely on humanitarian work.

Meghan has solidified that 'The Prince And Me' is a real possibility for some people. You have to be super accomplished and model-level pretty, but I guess it's possible!