I Have One Month Until I Graduate And I'm Exploring As Much Of LA As Possible

I’ve been flitting from restaurant to bookstore to capture as much of Los Angeles as possible.
224

One of my first articles was about my initial apprehension of exploring Los Angeles when I first came to study here at UCLA. I had no idea how to navigate a city that was difficult to walk around, and as spread out as LA. My biggest fear was that I would spend my time here without having ever known my new home.

Well, I'm graduating soon and I can say that I have assuaged most of those fears. I've seen two major concerts at the Rose Bowl, I've hiked to the Hollywood sign, and I've driven through streets containing Bel-Air Hills homes while not in a "Stars Tours" Bus. However, what I haven't done yet involves moving away from iconic locations and tourist-y destinations.

I've not yet fully experienced the ins and outs of Los Angeles daily life—brunching, casual beach-going and eccentric thrift-shopping. I have just one month left before I graduate and I am determined to soak in the LA lifestyle in these last few weeks of being a Los Angeles resident.

As is pictured above, I've all-but-mastered the "wall-background photo" photoshoot and can seriously reference brunch as part of my weekend schedule. I have begun to take my coffee black and my toast with avocado (with a dash of pepper and salt). Even so, I am aspiring and conspiring to drag my roommates to more brunch spots and breakfast nooks so that I may claim that I have almost eaten my way through LA.

I wonder if it is still possible to learn to surf, but seeing that I swam in the Southern California ocean for the first time just a week ago, I believe that I can still squeeze that experience in, too. I want to walk down Melrose and peer through windows of boutiques whose socks I can only dream to afford.

In a way, I want this last month in Los Angeles to become something like a city staycation. I'll hopefully gain even more "firsts" than I already have while having lived here. Maybe, I'll even be compelled to come back for good.