Cultures are hidden everywhere in our daily lives. A problem is that the majority of them will go unnoticed. I wouldn't say that we are to blame for this, but at the same time, we are. We aren't ignorant to the exploration of them, but rather we don't challenge ourselves to explore the endless possibilities. The challenge with exploring new cultures is that they're so alien to us. The other issue is that after college most of us fall into the trap of working. It's hard for us not to fall into the 9-5 day-to-day schedule. Sooner or later we realize we don't have time left to travel and experience.

Once we are able to step foot on the other side of the mountain and see what there is, there is so much to learn. The ability to experience new cultures can be one of the most rewarding things that we can learn to do for ourselves. The moment we challenge ourselves to explore a new culture, we will enhance our lives drastically.

I can personally attest that I have learned so much from embracing cultures that I would have never imagined to. Here are a few things that I have learned over the years:

I've been able to meet so many amazing people with amazing stories.

Whenever I go to new places, I find the people who look like they have stories and know the culture. The best part about it is that they are always so willing to share their stories. So much insight can be drawn from listening to what they've experienced. Their stories provide inspiration and a deep look into their culture. After meeting and talking to so many various people, I've made human connections from around the world.

I've learned to adapt.

With being in unfamiliar places I've had to trust myself more and be open to new ways of life. The more fearful the experiences that I have gone through, the thicker my skin has become. It helps to prepare me for most situations that I come across. Being more comfortable in new situations pushes even further growth.

My mind has expanded.

Going into new cultures has forced my mind and thoughts to shape and form in different ways. My personality has been shaped drastically by exploring new ways of life. Thinking critically and understanding problems are results of being in unfamiliar places. With growth in abilities like these, I've gained sensitivity to others' ways of life, and I have gained so many new outlooks.

It's so exciting!

Seeing and learning so much is exciting. Once that line is broken into experiencing cultures it becomes amazing. You could call it a runner's high. After a deep immersion into a culture, you'll be so excited to go on another journey to a new place.

There is so much that we can take away from exploring new areas of the world. It goes hand in hand with continuously challenging ourselves to grow and learn. Go out and find a new culture to explore: they're not hard to find once you start looking. An easy way to start is to find a new culture within your daily life before going out and traveling. It only gets easier from there!