Exclusive Interview with Electro-Pop Singer Jade Alice

Electro-pop singer-songwriter and producer Jade Alice epitomizes today's pop music, as demonstrated by her latest single, "In Too Deep"; the song effortlessly transforms from a languid track with full, angelic-sounding vocals to a roof-raising dance track.

37

Who are some of your musical influences?

At the moment it's Lennon Stella, Billie Eilish, Joni Mitchell, ABBA and Daniel Caesar!

If you could collaborate with any artist who would you choose?

I would love to work with Billie Eilish, she creates the most beautiful vocal arrangements around her voice, and that's something I really try to focus on in my songs too. She is just so cool. She's completely her own person, and she has this maturity in the way she commands the words of a song. I think we grew up in similar ways, having our families involved in music and I feel very connected to her in a weird personal way haha but that just goes to show how personal her songs are!

"In The Deep" what's the song really mean to you?

It's the feeling of when you see someone for the first time, and your attraction to them is so obvious,but you don't feel self conscious about it. Everything just becomes exciting and you're like a kid with no inhibitions. I get a similar feeling with dance music, so I wanted to have a dance element in the song to enhance this feeling of euphoria and love.

What do you hope people take from your music when listening?

The main thing I hope for is that they see themselves in the songs, and not me. That they take something from the song, realize things about themselves and how they're feeling. I hope I can empower people to feel good about themselves!

Any new music updates you like to share?

Yes! I have another single coming out on December 4th called 'Work This Out'. It's in collaboration with another Melbourne producer called Motaki!