Exclusive Interview Parlors
Technology

Exclusive Interview Parlors

Exclusive Interview Parlors

52
Exclusive Interview Parlors

Can you tell us a bit about your new EP?

The tone of the EP began to get set when we stumbled across the guitar riffs in 'State Lines'. That really felt like where we wanted to go musically, and once that tune started to fall in place it opened up a new world of sounds that eventually brought us to 'Glass Bricks' and 'A Night out of Dallas'. All 3 songs were recorded at Grand Street Recording in Williamsburg, where we had an awesome experience working with engineer Jake Lummus and all the different gadgets they have lying around their studio.

How would you describe your sound?

-Our sound brings to mind the first cool night of the fall, where you dust off an old jacket for the first time in months and take the first few steps out of your apartment as the night starts. Our inclination for moodier minor chords á la Queens of the Stone Age gets balanced out with dancier, Strokes-esque lead riffs. The EP exemplifies how much we love a bold, heavy sound from the drums and bass.

What's your song writing routine like?

-Typically our songs start out with a certain riff or progression that sticks out to our ears. From there it goes into the loop pedal where we start looking for some melodies that can layer on top, regardless if it will be a lead guitar lick or something that the vocals will carry. We really take a 'best idea wins' approach both musically and lyrically, and are excited to take that same mindset into the studio as we record our next few singles.

Are you playing any shows soon?

-We will be playing Coney Island Baby in the East Village on January 5th with our good friends Erik & The Houseplants and Laurel. We're excited to announce some more NYC shows in the spring as well.

Whats your favorite social media app?

-Instagram is definitely our most-used social media app, so by default probably our favorite. We try to keep things a bit tongue-in-cheek overall on social media, and like how we can use Instagram to quickly reach an audience to announce shows, new songs (from us or our friends), and also showcase our goofier side.