I've been a vegetarian for six years now, and the struggle is real. While I wouldn't go back to eating meat for the world, it is admittedly difficult to find vegetarian-friendly options in restaurants, and the lifestyle requires effort and planning, sometimes even reading a restaurant's menu before you even go there to make sure you have options.
"F.R.I.E.N.D.S." is one of my favorite shows of all time. The characters are so eccentric and lovable, from Monica's cleanliness obsession to Chandler's sarcasm to Ross' assertion that he is a doctor. So here's a little peep into the life of a vegetarian, as told by our favorite characters from "F.R.I.E.N.D.S.":
1. When you eat your last meal with meat before going vegetarian
It's hard saying goodbye, but you know it's for a good reason.
2. Responding to people who constantly judge you for being vegetarian
3. When people have the nerve to tell you to go back to eating meat
4. When a cute guy takes you out... to a steakhouse
It was good while it lasted...
5. When the waiter tells you he can make all the menu items vegetarian...
And doesn't charge you extra!
Your five-minute explanation about evolution totally made me rethink years of commitment to the vegetarian lifestyle
7. Because to you, chickens, pigs and cows are your friends, and seeing a meal with meat makes you think
8. Then, there's not being able to eat anything at a fast food restaurant but (sometimes) fries...
10. When the only vegetarian option is mushrooms
Can you, like, actually try with your vegetarian menu?
11. Or when there's a delicious vegetarian option, but a meat-eater finishes it all.
That's just plain selfish.
12. So you have to fill yourself up on the only other vegetarian item: cake.
No, not all vegetarian food is healthy.
13. There are people who think you get no protein and are extremely weak.
14. When you're always having to explain why you’re vegetarian to people at their request, but they start to argue why you're wrong
15. Because you know the truth about where meat comes from
16. And maybe someday, you'll show those PETA documentaries to your meat-eating friends.
17. When you meet a fellow vegetarian
18. When the vegetarian food you ordered tastes like absolute garbage, but you have no choice but to eat it
19. And then, your friends order expensive meat dishes but still expect you to split the bill evenly.
20. Sometimes, when you're sharing food, friends will say things like "Why can't you just pick the meat out?"
21. However, there are also moments where you find something vegetarian AND delicious.
22. And then, your meat-eating friend will want a bite.
23. But you'll always recommend a good vegetarian place to everyone you know.
I'm just supporting a good cause.