26 Exasperating Struggles of Being The Vegetarian Of The Group As Told By "F.R.I.E.N.D.S"

So no one told you the vegetarian life was gonna be this way.
174

I've been a vegetarian for six years now, and the struggle is real. While I wouldn't go back to eating meat for the world, it is admittedly difficult to find vegetarian-friendly options in restaurants, and the lifestyle requires effort and planning, sometimes even reading a restaurant's menu before you even go there to make sure you have options.

"F.R.I.E.N.D.S." is one of my favorite shows of all time. The characters are so eccentric and lovable, from Monica's cleanliness obsession to Chandler's sarcasm to Ross' assertion that he is a doctor. So here's a little peep into the life of a vegetarian, as told by our favorite characters from "F.R.I.E.N.D.S.":

1. When you eat your last meal with meat before going vegetarian

It's hard saying goodbye, but you know it's for a good reason.

2. Responding to people who constantly judge you for being vegetarian

3. When people have the nerve to tell you to go back to eating meat

4. When a cute guy takes you out... to a steakhouse

It was good while it lasted...

5. When the waiter tells you he can make all the menu items vegetarian...

And doesn't charge you extra!

6. When your friends tell you why you should go back to eating meat

Your five-minute explanation about evolution totally made me rethink years of commitment to the vegetarian lifestyle

7. Because to you, chickens, pigs and cows are your friends, and seeing a meal with meat makes you think

8. Then, there's not being able to eat anything at a fast food restaurant but (sometimes) fries...

9. ...which is why potatoes are your savior.

10. When the only vegetarian option is mushrooms

Can you, like, actually try with your vegetarian menu?

11. Or when there's a delicious vegetarian option, but a meat-eater finishes it all.

That's just plain selfish.

12. So you have to fill yourself up on the only other vegetarian item: cake.

No, not all vegetarian food is healthy.

13. There are people who think you get no protein and are extremely weak.

14. When you're always having to explain why you’re vegetarian to people at their request, but they start to argue why you're wrong

15. Because you know the truth about where meat comes from

16. And maybe someday, you'll show those PETA documentaries to your meat-eating friends.

17. When you meet a fellow vegetarian

18. When the vegetarian food you ordered tastes like absolute garbage, but you have no choice but to eat it

SEE ALSO: Atlanta Sun Dial Restaurant's Menu Is A Disgrace To Vegetarians Everywhere

19. And then, your friends order expensive meat dishes but still expect you to split the bill evenly.

20. Sometimes, when you're sharing food, friends will say things like "Why can't you just pick the meat out?"

21. However, there are also moments where you find something vegetarian AND delicious.

22. And then, your meat-eating friend will want a bite.

23. But you'll always recommend a good vegetarian place to everyone you know.

I'm just supporting a good cause.

24. When you travel, you have to learn a new language solely to get grub.

25. But even on bad food days, you can always get a pizza.

26. Because pizza will always be there for you.