Here we are at the place I always knew we'd arrive at sooner or later: you realized the dumb*ss you were for letting me slip out of your life. I was the one to cut the cord when again and again and again you had let me down. Know that it was a difficult decision to move on from whatever we were, but once I made it I couldn't look back.

The memories we had together resurface in a flood of fury: the disrespect, the manipulation, the narcissism, etc. You simply cast me aside as a tool or another person to count as a friend. However, the difference between calling someone a friend and being one makes a world of difference. I don't think you know that difference.

The difference between I love you and loving.

The difference between I care so much about you and showing it.

The difference between I'll always be there and being there.

You are filled with so many, many words that were easy to trust, at first, but over time meant absolutely nothing at all. I, on the other hand, say what I mean and mean what I say. That's why nothing between us would ever work.

At every departure of a person from my life, I know that someday they will realize what they had not realized then:

I am valuable even if you didn't treat me like I was valuable.

I deserve respect even if you didn't treat me with respect.

I am lovable even if you tossed me away without a second thought.

I think you know that, all of that, to be true. At least now you do, but it's much too late. You finally realized that I am more than a placeholder, but an individual of immense value. And that you both want and need me in your life.

You are wrong on one front, however, that I owe you.

I owe you absolutely nothing, don't you dare think otherwise. All you've done is chip away at who I am and try to push me back down. And I will never let you do that to me again.