5 Easy AF Ways To Get Over You Ex

5 Easy Ways To Get Over You Ex Who Is A Major Pain

Who needs a significant other, when you could have a dog?

686

Being single has its ups and downs, but having the right friends and putting yourself first can really change how you feel about everything going on. Not everyone is going to be able to get over their ex within 24 hours of breaking up, but sometimes you just need that little nudge.

1. Download Tinder or Bumble.

I know that most people are against dating apps, but let me just say these two are a blessing. Not only do you ~sometimes~ get some decent conversations, but they are a real confidence and self-esteem boosters. The number of right swipes you will get will really make you a little big headed. It is completely worth it though. Getting back out there can also help when it comes to a broken heart.

2. Hang out with your friends.

Odd are that when you were with your significant other you did not spend much time with your friends. They probably miss you just as much as you miss them, so hit them up and go out to the bars or have a movie night! You need to do something to get your mind off of your significant other and going out with your girls seriously does the trick.

3. Spend time on yourself.

Getting out of a relationship sucks and sometimes it makes you lose sight of who you were at one point. Growing up causes major changes to your individual personality and sometimes when you are with someone else you kind of mold yourself to some of their habits. So start on some of your own habits and take care of yourself. Pampering yourself is definitely the way to go right now.

4. Adopt or foster an animal.

Have you ever heard of an anxiety pet? Well, they're mainly cats, but dogs also work too. 10/10 would recommend finding a furry pal that you can adopt or foster and take care of. Not only will having a little furry friend help bring you out of the dumps, but their company will really help you. Plus there are a ton of animals in shelters that need help!

5. Put yourself first.

As I said earlier, spending time on yourself matters more than anything else, but if you are not ready to leave your bed or shower or get yourself back out on the dating scene then that is perfectly okay. If you are not ready, then you are not ready. Put yourself first and see where you end up. Take time out of the day to meditate or to just relax and breathe. Save your time, money and energy for yourself. Sometimes in the end being single can help you to realize the type of person you need to be and wanted to be originally.