Everything You Know About Life Is Probably A Lie, So Just Do You

Because you'll always be you.
2146

Seriously.

Avocados are one of the best foods for you, but as the joke goes, us millennials will end up sacrificing our ability to buy a house due to our immense love of avocado toast...but then again, avocados are high in fat, so you shouldn't eat them all that much, anyway.

Low-income students seem to have an edge in the college admissions process, as they'll receive tons of financial aid from colleges in general, making it easier for them to attend college nowadays...but at the same time, they're less likely to be selected to attend these schools, as colleges and universities prefer wealthier students who'll fatten their pockets with endowment and tuition.

Thousands of precautions have been taken against climate change, ranging from ocean clean-ups to landfill eradication, but nonetheless, according to EcoWatch, the world has but ten years left...TO LIVE.

More and more of America's middle class has been rising up into higher areas of wealth. But still, the middle class is the majority--and yet, the majority of the power rests in the hands of the wealthy 1% elite.

That boy you had dinner with the other night? The one who said he'd really like to pursue "this thing" with you? Well, he's said that to another girl...and another...and another...

Seriously.

In this life, you can never win! Whenever there's a positive, there's always a negative counteracting it. And nowadays, it seems that these negatives become more and more overpowering as the days go by. It almost seems like too much to handle, doesn't it?

Then don't.

Seriously! The world is going to turn, no matter what we do, and the world is going be swallowed up by the sun, no matter what we do. Life will go on and avocados will be grown and people will fight the self-destruction of our planet and low-income students will get into college while others won't, and that boy you had dinner with will still ask you out on a date, again. And the world is going to turn, no matter what we do...

So you do you! No one lives forever, so eat that cheesecake while you still can. Friends aren't always for forever, so go on that road trip with your best friends. Take pictures. Smile. Live. Laugh. You're still young, or maybe you're not. But what does it matter? Life is brief, and these days are briefer; make the most of them.

Because everything you know about life is probably a lie, so just do you. It's literally all you can do. That movie star's perfect lips might be fake, and that cheesecake might be 99% sugar, but at the end of the day, you're still you.

And you'll always be you.