Everyone Has A Summer Beach Bod, It's Called 'Your Body'

My body will be on the beach in the summer.
95

Summer. This is the time of the year for warmer weather, late nights, BBQs, and going to bodies of water. Whether it be a pool, a lake or an ocean, humans are instinctively drawn to the water during the summer. That means you'll probably be wearing a bathing suit. (Because wouldn't it be a ~bit~ weird to swim in an evening gown or something?) If you're anything like me, you've probably been working on your summer body since December. Also, if you're anything like me, you've probably been a tad bit insecure about yourself and your body since, well, forever.

You've tried every diet on the face of the earth (and really, "diet" is just "die" with a "t" at the end of it) and religiously counted every calorie and gone to the gym five out of the seven days. You've sacrificed your ice cream cravings and cried in the Target dressing rooms over your little rolls, asking the universe why you can't pull of the American flag bikini look like the Instagram models that you follow. All for what? To look moderately decent in a two-piece bathing suit?

Well, I have good news! One-pieces are back in style!

I'm kidding. (But one-pieces are back in style and they're cute as heck)

Seriously though: Everyone has a summer beach body. Wanna know how I know? It's simple. My body will for sure be on the beach this summer. BOOM! Summer beach bod!

I've slowly been coming to the realization that nobody really cares what you look like in a bathing suit. While you may be hyper-aware of what you look like, everyone else will be too preoccupied with other things like swimming, tanning, building sand castles, etc.

I've also been learning that each body is unique and beautiful in its own way. It helps that models like Ashley Graham are redefining beauty standards. It's reassuring to see someone that is not only gorgeous but confident in their body and it's infectious. If you're confident then you stop caring what people may think and you start loving what you have. When you're confident in your summer body, you allow yourself to have more fun. You don't think about how the Boardwalk ice cream cones will affect you and you don't force yourself to sit in uncomfortable positions on the beach just to hide that one, tiny roll. PSA!! Body rolls are normal!! Plus why would you sacrifice a summer staple like ice cream?

This summer, I challenge you to embrace your body, whatever the shape may be. Your body is yours and yours alone so why wouldn't you want to show off what you got?