15 Bible Verses That Get Me Through Each Day

When times are tough and I feel lost, God's word provides comfort and refuge from everyday affairs.

154

While some people turn to music or different foods as a stress relief and motivation to finish each day, one thing I find that helps me are Bible verses. I usually keep some of my favorites close by either on my phone or written down somewhere when I need them most. I hope that others can find the same comfort in God’s words as I do on a daily basis.

1. Isaiah 54:10

This particular verse reminds me that although things may be disheveled in my life at the moment, and my world may come crashing down, God's love will always be a rock to anchor me.

2. Psalm 56:8

“Tears are prayers too. They travel to God

when we can no longer speak.”

When I find myself overwhelmed to the point of tears and I cannot begin to find words to ask God for help, this verse reminds me that he hears my struggles and comforts me in the hardest of times.

3. Jeremiah 1:5

“Before you saw the light of day,

I had holy plans for you.”

Whenever I feel lost in my life, I can find direction in God. This verse reminds me that my life is ultimately in His hands, and I must let him guide me where I am supposed to go.

4. Song of Solomon 4:7

“God made you to be altogether beautiful,

not to have it all together.”

It's comforting to me to remember this verse when I'm feeling overwhelmed. God made each and every one of us in his image, which is beautiful! He also made us to have faults and make mistakes. No matter what, we are His and He forgives and loves us.

5. Luke 1:45

This verse from Luke reminds me that my belief and trust in God will fulfill my promises in life. I always keep this faith and know that God will bring me eternal happiness.

6. Proverbs 27:19

"As water reflects the face, so

one's life reflects the heart."

This quote is one that always reminds me to always be the best version of myself that I can be. Too many people show hatred or carelessness to one another and themselves. We must always be an image of God in all our thoughts, words, and actions of each day.

7. James 1:27

It's difficult at times to keep oneself from falling into the corruption and traps of the world's temptation. The devil is always trying to trick us into sinning and turning away from God. This verse keeps me from falling into temptations of day-to-day life, especially the ones teenager's face.

8. Isaiah 53:5

"By his wounds, we are healed."

Sometimes we all need a reminder, such as this verse, that God sacrificed His only son to order to save us from our sins. We must keep a humble heart because of this, and constantly praise God each day for this salvation.

9. 2 Corinthians 5:7

"I will walk by faith even when I can not see."

Multiple times throughout my life thus far, I've found myself straying from the light of God's faith. I am blinded by stress and sadness and have trouble finding my way back. This verse is a reminder that I will always have my faith, even when blinded and lost from God's light.

10. Proverbs 19:21

"Many are the plans in a person's heart,

but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

This verse works hand-in-hand with number #3, due to the fact that God has ultimate plans for humanity, and that we must follow him no matter what. We may have plans of our own for life, but God's will always be superior to ours.

11. Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed in strength and dignity,

and she laughs without fear of the future."

When the stress and fear of the future plague my thoughts and actions, I remember this verse that I have the strength and dignity to get through my troubles. I will laugh in the face of my fears and strive for my goals in life.

12. Psalm 139:14

Along with number 4 and 11, with humans being made in the image of God. We are amazing creatures that God created to take care of other living things and the Earth He gave us. We need to take pride in that, and follow His will for humanity.

13. 1 Corinthians 14:33

"God is not a God of disorder, but of peace."

God is sometimes deemed as a destructive and vengeful God in the face of tragedy and chaos. We curse God for the bad things that happen when in reality, it is the fault of humanity and their sins that these things happen. God wants unity and peace, and will constantly strive to bring that to our world.

14. Psalm 91:4

"He will cover you with his feathers and

under his wings, you will find refuge."

Referring to the previous verse, no matter what tragedies and misfortunes plague us, God will be our savior. He is always there for us to comfort, help, and guide us to calm waters. We must not forget that.

15. Matthew 11:28

"Come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest."

God will always be there to give us rest when things are hard and wear us down. We can always and forever rely on Him!