Every TV Show Needs A Theme Song

What's your favorite tv show? Is it a new one or old one? Bounce some titles off me.

Okay... I'm done, because I have no idea if you're even still reading this or even answering me. Most likely no to either. So I'm just going to give up and tell you what you should be watching.

I'm not going to tell you that all you need to do is watch my favorite tv shows and be annoying because no one should tell you what to do. But there is a significant difference between tv shows with a theme song and without a theme song. And the tv shows with a theme song are the only ones worthwhile... You know the Netflix feature where you have the option to skip the theme song??! Umm that needs to go. Theme songs need to be cherished and recognized.

All of the greatest shows on earth have theme songs, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Friends, Parenthood, Hannah Montana.... I could go on and on... Theme songs glue the show together. And if a television show does not contain one, I am far more likely to turn it off and find one that does. Theme songs change the entire viewing experience.

Theme songs prepare viewers for the coming genius. They get people in the mood for watching that certain tv show. Whenever I hear the song "We Used To Be Friends" by The Dandy Warhols, Veronica Mars pops into my mind. And then, of course, I want to watch Veronica Mars. They kill at promoting.

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who full on holds a jam sesh to the theme song while waiting for the show to resume. Please tell me I'm not alone in this. At the beginning of a series, theme songs are new and exciting and, most of the time, you don't know the songs at all... but then after six or eight episodes the theme song becomes one of the reasons to binge.

However, over the past few years, I've become extremely afraid for the livelihood of theme songs. They slowly have been transforming into a thing of the past. It started out slowly... with more and more tv shows changing their theme songs to just a deep instrumental with the title of the show on the screen. It is just sad. Getting rid of good theme songs for NOTHING. All it does is hurt the show and the enjoyment of watching it. But now... it's not even that they originally have a theme song to get rid of... THEY NEVER START WITH ONE. I'm literally in tears in the current. This is just not okay.

I need theme songs in my life. The opening credits are what I live for. I will never accept the fact that they are on their way out. It is not happening...maybe that is why I mostly refuse to watch new shows. I pretty much only rewatch the greatest shows ever to exist because they do it right: theme songs and all.

Please stand by me and make this issue one to be taken seriously. This is not something that should be overlooked. Be brave. Be strong. Be proud.