I'm Glad That I Met Him

I'm Glad That I Met Him

He changed my life, but it took me years to realize how much he meant to me.

149
I'm Glad That I Met Him
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/02/28/636553902606243592-1964402897_Article2.png

Do ever wonder why you meet someone? You may or may not thinking about this question because we meet so many people every day. Of course, we are on the same page. If we are getting something for free, without effort, or even accidentally, we take it for granted. When I met this person for the first time, I did not realize who he was. Do I know him? I have tons of questions in my mind. I was not able to answer these questions because I took it for granted (or, I should say I did not pay enough attention to it).

He was a guy from a different side of the world, who has a passion for music. He had that all but was never given an opportunity till I met him. I saw a passion, a desire, and a determination to prove something. You may have heard that “every great dream begins with a dreamer,” and he was the dreamer. He had a dream. Freedom incorporates the open door for thriving and achievement, accomplished through diligent work.

He didn't just have a passion for music. He found himself because of music. He loved music since he was a kid but never realized that it was something so real to him, something that was missing in his known world. His education was a priority and thus he was not able to explore something else. He was amazed by his own passion for learning music and often shared his happiness with me. He wanted to make others feel happy through his music.

And he did. I have seen a different him every day since I met him.

Moreover, I have never seen someone with that much of energy, that much drive to perform an unapproachable task. When I asked him, "What is your purpose? What do you want to prove? To whom?" He had no such answer. He chose to follow his dream, what he always wanted to do without even being concerned about what others would say about him. He was not doing something wrong. I evermore saw him as a quiet person with a great smile on his face. He always had something nice to say to me, and even he amazed with his optimistic perspective about life.

He and I often had hours of conversations about life, space, and physics. On top of that, he always astonished me with his creative approach to composing music. When I was not sure about applying for the state classical concert audition, he was the one who convinced me to do it. I want to tell you that today, I still feel proud of myself for making that decision. It was a life-changing decision.

I still remember him saying, "You may feel disappointed, lonely, sad, or unwanted because you might not have achieved your goal or your dream. Your journey may seem infinite, but you will get there someday!" I refused to accept his absurd and evasive argument because it only sounds better when you hear it in the motivational speech. He noticed my apathetic response. Later, he replied with an assertive tone that “every sound has an echo.” Every effort you make to do something adds up. "You may or may not realize now," he continued.

As expected, it was hard to believe, but I understood what he was trying to say. If you want to be heard, you have to shout (in a positive way) without fear. I knew him for more than seventeen years, when I finally realized how important he was and he is in my life. Now, I wonder where would I have been if I would not meet him. I probably would have lost somewhere in the middle of forest field with a bunch of why, how, what, and who with an extensive path in every direction where I would have standing. He was my shadow! He was my echo! It was me, myself! He was the 'one person I am glad I met.'