Every Pop Culture Reference In The Pilot Of Gilmore Girls

That's so nick @ nite.

889
my photos

Okay. So "Gilmore Girls" is my life. And I pride myself in the facts that I have gained about it throughout the years. Take this morning, for instance; I was reading an article called "10 Things You Probably Never Knew About Gilmore Girls" merely because I wanted to test myself or gain more knowledge that I could store for later when I read more of these same types of articles, and I found an obvious mistake within their facts. It is painful. I'm not trying to brag or tell you that I know the most about "Gilmore Girls" or that I'm somewhat of a genius. But "Gilmore Girls" is what I put all my time and effort into. It is one of the few things in the world that I actually enjoy learning about. So, after reading that article, I've decided take it to a step further.

I need to broaden my horizons from Gilmore Girls and the show itself. I need to learn more about the things they reference in Gilmore Girls. It is a great feat to conquer and I have no idea when I will do it, or if I'll even be able to. But for now, to start off my study, I've decided to share some with you... Here are all the things referenced in Gilmore Girls in the pilot episode alone.

1. Jack Kerouac

"You're a regular Jack Kerouac". Iconic.

All I know about him is from Gilmore Girls. Apparently he needs to edit. I'm adding On The Road to my list of books to read rn.... so get ready.

2. RuPaul

"RuPaul doesn't need this much makeup"

3. Officer Krupke

"Look, Officer Krupke, she's right over there"

I actually just found out who this person is... brb gotta go watch West Side Story.

4. Macy Gray

"I lost my Macy Gray CD and I need caffeine."

I wish I had my one Macy Gray CD that I could listen to while I'm feeling down or after arguing about throwing my life away for a guy who doesn't even have a motorcycle...

5. Muumuu

"What's with the muumuu??

Who wouldn't want to wear that sweater?!?!? That is all I need in my life.

6. Eminem

"If my parents still get upset over the obscene portion size of american food, I seriously doubt I'm gonna make any inroads with Eminem."

Ahhh the Kims, gotta love em. Ahhh Eminem, gotta love him.

7. Mark Twain

"Oh, well, there's no way Mark Twain could compete with that."

No way....

8. Britney Spears

"I'm gonna be in a Britney Spears video??!!" ahhhh the dream. Seriously.

9. Rosemary's Baby

"God. You're like Ruth Gordon standing there with a tannis root. Make a noise!!"

"Rosemary's Baby"

You know the scene.

10. Oprah

"Chicago. Windy. Oprah."

Only thing I know about that city. Oh, and that they call soda "pop".

11. Moby Dick

"So how're you enjoying Moby Dick?"...

Solid q, champ. Let her know right away that you've been stalking her. And also, it's not cliche to pick Moby Dick as your first Melville.

12. Madame Bovary

"Last week, it was Madame Bovary." So observant, Dean...

13. Flo-Jo

"You're gonna have to turn into friggin' Flo-Jo to get away from me."

Just found out who Flo-Jo is too. The fasted women track and field athlete... Ahhh the joy.... I'm having a blast already.

14. Mommy Dearest

"Aw, you're not going to give me the 'Mommy Dearest' treatment forever, are ya?"

15. The Little Match Girl

"Do we go in or do we just stand here reenacting The Little Match Girl?"

I need to use that... so genius.

16. Menendez

"Okay, look, I know you and me are having a thing here, and I know you hate me, but I need you to be civil at least through dinner and then on the way home you can pull a Menendez."

There is something so perfect about this line.

17. nick @ nite

"Is he dreamy??"

"That's so nick @ nite"

Genius. In love. Using this every day of my life.