11 European Cities I Love For Architecture And History

These 11 European Cities Made My Travel Bucket List For Their Architecture And History

'The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.' - St. Augustin

232
Amsterdam

Even though I have never traveled to Europe, many of its cities fascinate me. From the Eiffel Tower in France to the Venice water canals in Italy, European cities are full of elegant architecture, rich history, and dazzling views.

Copenhagen, Denmark

copenhagen

Visit the Amalienborg Palace, Rosenburg Castle, and Round Tower. Then, spend a day shopping at Stroget, the heart of Copenhagen, and take a stop at the Tivoli Gardens amusement park.

Bern, Switzerland

switzerland

Explore the art in the Kunstmuseum. Then, take a stroll down Rosengarten, and enjoy the views of the city. Visit Bundeshaus, the city's parliament building, that stands near the Aare River. Take a tour of The Granary, which consists of the Kornhaus Library and the Library for Design.

Santorini, Greece

santorini

Spend a day on Kamari Beach with exquisite dining, shopping, and resorts. Some day activities include lunch cruises, catamaran cruises, hot spring tours, kayaking, and snorkeling.

Budapest, Hungary

budapest

Visit the breath taking Budapest Parliament Building, The Halaszbastya, the Buda Castle, and Matthias Church. Take a night cruise on the Danube River to experience the magnificent views

Venice, Italy

venice

Ride a Gondola along the iconic Venice water canals lined with colorful Renaissance architecture. Then, take a tour of Doge's palace, a legendary work of gothic architecture.

Madrid, Spain

madrid

Take a tour of the extravagant Royal Palace of Madrid with over 2,000 rooms. Also, check out the art in the Prado National Museum, which has an assortment of works from well-known artists.

Rome, Italy

rome

Discover the marvelous marble Collesuem, which remains from the ruins of ancient Rome. Then, visit Trevi Fountain, one of the most well-known fountains in the world.

London, England

london

London is packed with historic sites, architectural buildings, sacred sites, and monuments. Visit the stunning architectural sites such as the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, and Westminister Abbey.

Paris, France

paris

It is not a trip to Paris if you do not visit the Eiffel Tower, an emblem of Frech pride. Watch an opera, ballet, or music performance in the lavish Palais Garnier.

Prague, Czech Republic

prague

Prague has a variety of attractions including architectural buildings, landmarks, monuments, and historic sites. Popular sites in the city include the Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, and the St. Vitus Cathedral.

Berlin, Germany

berlin

Berlin was the fighting ground in multiple battles during World War II. Its rich history is preserved in Museum Island, Holocaust Memorial, and the Memorial of the Berlin Wall.

All photos courtesy of Pexels.