6 Etsy Stores For Holiday Shopping

6 Etsy Stores For Holiday Shopping

Local stores discovered at the Etsy Holiday Cavalcade.

40
6 Etsy Stores For Holiday Shopping
ETSY

ETSY Holiday Handmade Cavalcade showcased an assortment of handmade selections locally made at the Chelsea Market last weekend. Don't Worry, you did not miss much because the venue quickly packed with visitors making it difficult to approach each vendor. The great thing about ETSY is that you can shop online. I managed to delve into the crowd, and check out every one of the 45 stores.

I present you with my favorite six stores that sell wonderful holiday gifts.

1. BubblesApp

Ezgi Flor has been creating candles and soap from raw materials for 10 years, and attracted my attention with huge lettering: vegan. Past the sign I saw smiling orange Buddha candles, and I knew that I could not leave the event empty handed. A perfectly harmoniously combination of tropical, honey and cinnamon scents pieced through the air. The shop offers an array of scented -- even coffee-scented -- soaps. Candles come in a selection of buddha heads, pine cones, sea shells and even butterflies with several color choices.

Visit the shop here, and find a candle to create a heart-warming hygge vibe at your home.

2. Enmeshed Jewelry

The Madrid-native Elena Ruano Kanidic makes elegant crochet wire jewelry that will please even the pickiest friend. Six years ago she got back a hobby that her grandmother had taught her. She further experimented with materials until she came across wire. "I created a jewelry collection that is both organic and modern, intriguing and evocative, sophisticated yet simple," says the owner. According to her Etsy profile, Kanidic even teaches wire crocheting.

Visit the shop here to complement your new dress with a unique detail.

3. Artikal Millinery (Artikalnyc on Etsy)

If you want to shine your inner Queen Elizabeth, Artikal offers the perfect collection of handmade, uniquely pressed winter velour hats. These creations have been mentioned in many publications, such as Instyle.com and Huffington Post. The store even offers individual appointments at their studio in NYC for a personalized headpiece. Holly Slayton, the founder, explains that each piece gets shaped by hand and comes out unlike any other. Her pieces make a great gift for that classy friend who wears hats yearlong. Trust me, she probably already wants one like this.

Visit the shop on Etsy here and on their personal website here.

4. My Secret Music Box (Clockwork Fantastica on Etsy)

The shop owner creates handmade musical jewelry and also sells vintage music boxes. I walked over to her stand because I heard "Love Story." Each of her necklaces is a locket that plays a melody when opened. She offers an array of melodies that can be personalized to the buyer or the person receiving the gift. The lockets themselves are heart-shaped little vintage treasures. Customize your buy with "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" for a significant other or perhaps "What a Wonderful World" for a sentimental friend.

5. Slope Girl Knits

Each of us must have a friend that obsesses over winter and winter activities, but they get cold too. Emily from Brooklyn makes handmade knit and crochet headbands, hats, scarves, neck-warmers (my favorite,) and even ornaments. Her creations will keep any winter adventurer warm and cozy.

Visit the shop here, and share warmth with someone special.

6. CYNLA

If your friend is a really annoyingly picky person with gifts, but still a dear one, a card might be a great idea this holiday season. Cindy LaLolla sells hand drawn and watercolor cards and designs with witty slogans and creative images for every personality. Whether your friend has been listening to "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" on repeat, drinking whiskey or hot cocoa, the owner of this store has a card for him/her. A card can also complement another gift.

Visit the shop here for a unique card.