What Esther Teaches Us About God's Purpose And Timing

Esther’s immense faith, obedience to the Lord and unshakable courage
398

Esther’s story begins in the Persian capital of Susa when the King is in search of a new wife. As the King gathers young virgins as possible prospects, Esther, a Jewish young woman, wins favor in the eyes of the people and ultimately the King as well. She becomes queen and her story is one of bravery, obedience and devotion. It is a prime example of God’s faithfulness, divine timing and purpose.

Haman is the incredibly egotistical the advisor to the King. He has a deep hatred for Mordecai, the cousin who raised Esther, due to the fact that Mordecai refuses to bow down to him. Haman angrily devises a plan to murder all the Jews in the Persian Empire. The King approves of Haman’s plan without knowing that his queen is Jewish.

One life lesson we can take away from her story is trusting in God’s perfect purpose.

“For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14 NIV).

God placed Esther in a position of power for a purpose. She was the only Jew who had contact with the King. The King had not requested to see her in months and entering his presence without being summoned could result in execution. Stepping out in faith, she asks the Jewish people to join her in a three day fast before approaching the King and asking for him to have mercy on the Jewish people.

The Jewish people are saved due to Esther’s immense faith, obedience to the Lord and unshakable courage. Esther approaches the King despite the possibility of death and Haman is hanged instead of Mordecai so her people are kept from danger.

Esther teaches us to live boldly and trust in God’s purpose. God allows us to go through seasons for a purpose and that purpose is always good because he is a good God. God calls us to walk faithfully no matter what we’re going through and he will honor that. So confidently live according to your purpose trusting God and in bravery!