3 Essentials For Returning To A COVID-Conscious Campus

The top 3 items to keep handy this semester when on campus to stay safe.

26

As students prepare to return to campus in less than a month, colleges have started releasing rules and regulations about move-in days. Along with the initial move-in days, schools have also begun talking about what classes will look like and how to stay safe. To ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation, I've compiled a short list of the essentials for keeping you safe from COVID-19.

Masks

First and foremost, and probably most importantly, bring multiple masks if possible. Personally, I am planning on leaving one in my backpack to reduce the risk of showing up for class, but being turned away because I don't have a mask with me. Another vital place to keep a mask at all times is your apartment or dorm. Having a mask ready to go in your living space will make it super convenient when running quick errands or grabbing a bite to eat. If you are planning on bringing a car to school, having a mask in there too would also be great!

Hand Sanitizer

Again, also very important to have as many bottles of hand sanitizer as possible in a couple different places to keep it handy on you at all times. Imagine you're opening the door to a classroom, touching the desks during class, or grabbing a drink from Starbucks; being able to sanitize your hands quickly and efficiently will greatly help reduce the risk of getting sick. I would also keep a bottle of sanitizer wherever you keep your masks, such as a backpack, dorm/apartment, and car. And yes, even Bath and Body Works sanitizers work well, despite the ingredients being 95% glitter.

Disinfecting Wipes

Keeping a bottle of disinfecting wipes is critical this school year for being able to wipe down any surfaces you may be touching throughout the day. Whether it be your desk in your dorm/apartment, the desk and chair in class, or any eating surfaces, keeping them clean is crucial. The disinfecting wipes are super easy to store in a Ziploc baggie to keep with you on the go, or keep the bottle conveniently stored within your living space for easy access.

Taking precautions and health safety measures against coronavirus is vital for the upcoming school year to ensure that, as students, we are able to keep as much of a regular college experience as possible. While our daily routines are inevitably going to be different, staying healthy is a top priority on campus to ensure the safety of yourself and others.

And don't forget, the mask goes over your nose! Stay safe everyone!