5 Essential Oils To Make Your Life Easier

Oils that smell amazing and help you relax

258
pexels

If finals week is driving you crazy or you’re just wanting to up your selfcare game, essential oils are an incredible way to do just that. Diffusing or topical use of these oils are easy ways to improve your health and wellbeing.

1. Peppermint

This oil is a necessity in your first aid box. Peppermint has been found in Egyptian pyramids and was frequently used for medical issues as far back as 1000 B.C. And for good reason. While it is hard to count all of its uses, here are the best ones.

• By applying it to your temples you can relieve headaches and nausea, improve your focus, or clear up your sinuses.
  • Whether your hand is cramping from typing up your final paper or you slept on your shoulder in a weird way, peppermint will relieve your muscle pain. Take a teaspoon of coconut oil and mix it with a few drops of peppermint and massage into the affected area. Shortly after you’ll feel good as new.
  • Stomach problems can be resolved as well. You can add some to your tea or rub some directly on your stomach. Peppermint is known for being a replacement for medicines used for bloating, cramps, or intestinal troubles.
  • BONUS! Christmas is almost here, diffuse peppermint to add holiday cheer.

2. Lavender and Cedarwood

This combination is one of my favorites. Not only does it smell amazing, but these two are a perfect pair for helping you relax or sleep. You can take in the incredible benefits in a few different ways:

• The best way to get an incredible night’s sleep is mixing a few drops of each in an ounce of witch hazel and spraying it on your pillow before bed.
  • Diffusing lavender and cedarwood directly into the air will turn your room into a super cozy environment.
  • You can also dab a bit of both directly onto your wrists (dilute with coconut oil if wanted) to have a calming sense with you all day long.

3. Tea Tree

Tea Tree oil AKA Melaleuca oil doesn’t smell the best but it’s health benefits are too large to pass up on. Tea Tree uses mostly revolves around skin care and deodorizing.

• If stress is causing breakouts gently rub the oil on the area once a day to clear your skin.
  • Mixing it with coconut oil makes an incredible moisturizer that reduces redness and uneven tones.
  • Tea Tree oil deodorizes anything. Mix with witch hazel and spray it in shoes, bags, cars, or even on yourself to get rid of any nasty odors.

4. Cinnamon

Cinnamon will not only make you smell amazing and add great flavor to holiday snacks, but it can have effects on mental and physical health.

• Cinnamon oil is an antidepressant, spray or diffuse in your living areas to reap some of its benefits.
  • It also increases brain activity, if you’re tired or can focus simply smelling it can start having effects. Add two drops in your tea or coffee for a stronger impact.
  • Diffusing cinnamon oil has more effects than just an antidepressant. It can reduce migraines, drowsiness, and irritability.

5. Lemon Oil

Lemon oil does more than just cleaning the counters. The wonderfully fresh essential oil has positive benefits for almost every aspect of your life.

• Adding a few drops to a glass of water every day creates a body cleaner for your liver and kidneys. At the same time, it works as an immune system booster. And who doesn’t want that extra boost?
  • Lemon oil is a go-to cure for a sore throat. Whether it is pain or you’ve lost your voice, mixing 2 drops with water and drinking it you’ll be healthy faster than just tea and honey. You can also add the oil to your tea if you don’t mind mixing flavors.
  • Mix your lemon oil with peppermint and lavender and apply on your temples for allergy relief. It might be winter but this is a great relief for indoor and pet allergies.