eReaders Are The Next Big Thing In Reading

Every book worm can agree that holding print in your hands is what creates the ultimate reading experience. There's a physical satisfaction to turning pages and grazing a nice, glossy cover. Paired with natural lighting and a comfortable seat, reading is not only an escape from reality but also from technology.

Every collector thrives on filling their bookshelves with countless editions of all shapes and sizes, but we can't deny that books have their flaws. With the wake of eReaders and audiobooks, it becomes more and more difficult to justify every read being a print read.

Affordability

Reading definitely isn't a nasty habit, but it can be an expensive one. Even opting for cheaper paperback options can add up, which is why the bulk of reading can become a lot more affordable if done digitally. eBooks are often much cheaper than any print edition of a book, and many classic titles can be bought digitally for less than $1.

Portability

eBooks also offer portability that print copies just don't have. Sure, books may be small and portable in size, but pages bend. Paperback books are subject to a lot of wear and tear inside a backpack, and hardcover slips have to be removed in order to minimize damage. eReaders are portable, electronic devices that are only at risk for the occasional screen scratch if you recklessly carry it around.

Décor-ability

There's no denying that physical books have an aesthetic appeal, but they also take up more room than we can sacrifice. If you have to buy entire shelves to house something, you know it takes up too much space in your living. One or two shelves might be practical for your home, but all space fills up, and eReaders can hold more books than any shelf ever will.