Ladies, Enough With the Pettiness And Start Supporting Each Other

Something an unfortunate amount of girls do, but will not admit it to themselves

594
pexels

Something I’ve noticed about a lot of girls is that we can be extremely petty. I won't say all girls, just a majority. And you know what? It isn’t okay, and especially not in this case.

Nothing makes me more irritated about girls than when they constantly talk bad about other girls.

I can’t stress it enough how often I hear girls saying the cruelest and pathetic things about other girls who they don’t even know 80 percent of the time! Enough with the assumptions, geez..just enough with the immaturity.

Girls can be so cruel and if you’re reading this and have to question if you do this, chances are you do.

We live in such a high maintenance society that turns our minds against our own bodies and makes us envy, compete with, and neglect other girls. What are we doing? Does this even sound rational to you?

It’s sad that we sometimes question a girl’s compliment because authenticity is so rare. How did that happen? How did building each other up and letting girls own their own styles and just do their thing become so hard? It should not be hard!

I am 20 years old and my peers are only a year younger, if not older. I hear so much judgment and bullying about appearances all the time. We are cruel and we are petty; if a guy we like happens to like another girl, we don’t move on, we run our mouths to our friends about how she's ‘not even that pretty.' In some cases, we’ll make the girl uncomfortable so she is well aware you are not okay with her presence in his life.

Girls, please get a grip.

We are supposed to be supporting each other, rooting for each other’s style, admiring each other’s individuality, and if someone has something you don’t, do not try to make a justification on why you are better than them. Why do you feel like you should even have to?

This is why girls become insecure, either because they compare themselves to other girls or they are being put down by these type of girls.

I have noticed that the best type of people are the ones who just let people live and see girls their age thriving and think ‘hell yeah’ to themselves, making it only encourage them to strive for their own success in whatever it may be.

So take a good look in the mirror and if you’re the type of girl or your friends are type of girls who feel the need to bash others in order to feel better about themselves, or just because they have nothing intelligent or beneficial in any sense to talk about, I suggest considering changing your ways.

There is no point to this, spread the positivity and have each other’s back. And I get that standing up for someone can be uneasy but it’s the right way, don’t ever condone girls beating down other girls.