Enough Grass Goes To Pot

Enough Grass Goes To Pot

A Short Story Excerpt from the Mind of Justin Gordon.

11
Enough Grass Goes To Pot
Flickr.com

This here is an exert from a short story I wrote a couple months ago. This showcases my madness as a content creator and I felt it would be a nice change of a pace for me. Basically the plot is a bunch of High School stoners from different cliques camp at a graveyard to watch over their weed dealers drug field. It's about as silly as it sounds. This portion is titled, "Son of A Witch." It is loosely based on a true occurrence that happened in my high school days. Enjoy!

Jay

Midnight at a supposedly-haunted graveyard wasn’t exactly the most romantic of locations. However, that didn’t stop a drunk Murphy from trying to fuck Alexa in a colorful child-sized tent that was separate from the massive tent that would fit the rest of the group. This made Jay wonder even more what she saw in the guy. Sure, he was physically fit, had a decent job at the car wash and general charm. But what could be the attraction? Isn’t there something to be said for the unemployed skinny fat-ass with a serious urge to fuck her? To Jay, it seemed like guys like Murphy get to bang the hot chicks all the time. Motherfuckers need to share the love.

Jay made his way over to the fire that Fandango had made for them and felt the transition from cold to warm within seconds. It felt good to him. It smelled of lighter fluid and wood. He stared into the fire and instantly got distracted by it, picking up some tiny sticks and throwing them into the fire one by one. He could hear the giggles of Alexa from a distance. It was clear the foreplay was about to begin.

Jay looked over to Fandango, Adam, AJ, Lizzy, Chris and Josh and noticed they didn’t seem to care about those sounds. They were just enjoying their beers and skewering hot dogs on sticks. AJ was burning his marshmallows to a crisp because he was too engaged in conversation with Josh. Jay turned the other way to look at Chainsaw Chucky, who was still sitting in his portable bean bang chair facing the direction of his weed field. He wondered how they could all just be okay with the obvious sex that was about to happen.

Piper returned from the woods without Bruce. Jay vaguely heard her say something about him taking a massive shit in the woods. Then, Piper took a seat with the group at the fire and pointed out the tombstone in the shape of a crystal ball.

“That’s the grave of Veronica,” said Piper.

This caught the attention of CC, and he finally took his eyes off his weed field. Jay was no longer worrying about the deflowering of the woman of his wet dreams. Jay, along with the rest of the group, had been waiting for the moment when someone was going to bring up Veronica the witch.

Jay took a good, long look at her grave. The tombstone was long faded from the many years it had been there. There was no mistaking that it was the shape of a crystal ball, which made it oh-so-ominous. Goosebumps were on Jay’s arm in abundance. He was near a fire, but felt a sudden chill.

“So, you think she was a real witch?” said Chris.

“No doubt, Fam,” said Piper.

CC got up and walked over to the fire. He took a seat next to Jay, and instantly Jay could smell his musk. He reeked of weed, PBR and B.O. Jay opted to slyly scoot away from the smell. The leaves from the trees around them rustled a bit more, almost as if they were as eager as the group.

“Quelle est la signification de cela?” said Fandango.

“Oh yeah, Fandango doesn’t know about Veronica The Witch,” said CC.

“Who can tell the legend the best?” AJ asked.

Piper perked up with eagerness. She raised her hand and smiled triumphantly. Jay rolled his eyes; he hated how she always had to be the center of attention. Nobody likes a know-it-all. Jay, however, went the extra mile and loathed them.

“Alright. You tell it. I’ll bullshit check,” said Josh.

“Deal!” said Piper.

“I’ll translate for Fandango,” said CC.

“Well no shit!” said Jay.

CC flipped Jay the bird and patted Fandango on the back at the same time. Jay knew the group had heard this story a million times except for Fandango, which is why it struck him as odd that he was as eager as he was to hear it again. That went for the entire group.

“Around 30 years ago, allegedly our friend Veronica here was a witch. It was the 80’s, so any signs of witchcraft were well-disguised. She uhh, was like really lonely. So one day, she started getting college dudes to come over and rail her. From what I understand, she never used any witchcraft to get them there. They just found her hot,” said Piper.

Jay was annoyed by the fact she was basically giving the cliff notes version of the story. He also wished she would at least attempt to make the story remotely scary, since Fandango had never heard it before. Maybe French people were easily frightened by witches. Jay was judging the group’s judgment of letting Piper tell this story.

“Well, she got pregnant. She slept with so many dudes that she didn’t quite know who the father was. Legend has it she asked the devil for the answer, and he told her she was shit out of luck,” said Piper.

“Slut,” said Jay.

“Check your privilege,” said Josh.

“Visage baise,” said Fandango.

Jay crossed his arms. He hated all these people. He wondered why he even bothered trying to get a laugh out of them. He was starting to really feel the heat of the fire. He would have to move after a while.

“She gave birth to the child and raised him for five years. She raised him in that shed next to the weed field. She stopped sleeping around and all seemed to be well.”

CC was translating furiously to Fandango. Jay could tell Fandango was the most engaged in the story despite its lackluster presentation. However, he could also tell the group was also engaged. Even he was.

“That was, until she was caught hanging dead chickens in the butcher shop she was working at and was accused of witchcraft. The town went into a Freddy Kruger-esqe vigilante state. They dragged her out from that shed and hung her on the nearest tree. They never found the alleged son. Legend has it, he raised himself and kills all who fuck with her grave,” said Piper.

All of a sudden, Bruce emerged from the bushes eating a snickers and sipping on a beer. The group just stared at him. Piper, however, proceeded to rush over and push him around and slap him.

“What the actual fuck, Bruce? You were supposed to scare the shit out of them. Where is your son-of-a-witch costume?” said Piper.

“Yeah, I totally forgot to grab that. I also forgot to tell you that. Didn’t realize I did that until you started the story. I thought the suddenness would get them to jump,” said Bruce.

“Qu'est-ce que cette connerie?” said Fandango.

“Failure. That’s what,” said CC.

As Bruce and Piper were making their way back to the fire, Jay suddenly heard screams from the tent. Alexa popped out of her and Murphy’s tent in a fit of rage. Murphy’s head popped out. He was vomiting like that demon girl from the exorcist. Some of the group begun gagging, and Jay begun smiling devilishly. Guess pretty boy couldn’t handle his liquor. The night may be salvageable after all.

“I’ll try and get Murphy to bed. Y’all can head to the tent. I’ll wake someone around 3 to take over my shift,” said CC.

CC walked over to Murphy’s tent and sighed heavily. The group made their way to the tent. Jay quietly patted Bruce on the back.

“Guess who has a second chance?” said Jay.

“Happy for you, bro,” said Bruce.

They got into the tent. It would have been pitch black had the moon not provided a nice nightlight. The fire outside of the tent also was of help. It smelled great in there. Like a brand new tent. Lizzy was also wearing some vanilla lotion.

They each picked a nice spot in the giant tent to lie down on. Even with the mass amount of humanity occupying the tent, there was plenty of room for activities. Jay noticed Alexa getting buddy-buddy with Josh. He saw this as a minor threat, but something he could overcome.

“So what should we do?” said Alexa.

“Sleep, I think,” said Lizzy.

“It’s only ten. Don’t be so fucking square. What would you like to do, Josh?” said Alexa.

“I mean, sleep doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I might have to get up at 3 to watch weed. I could use the sleep just in case.” said Josh.

Jay noticed Alexa look at Josh with disappointment. Josh was fucking up, and Jay was loving it. It was time to make a move.

“What would you like to do Alexa?” said Jay.

“Well, we all don’t really know each other. We just see each other round them halls. Why don’t we get to know each other?” suggested Alexa.

“That sounds awful,” said Bruce.

“Oh come on. I’ll make things interesting. For each personal thing guessed right about me, I’ll take off clothing,” said Alexa.

Jay knew she was only doing this to get with Josh, but he did not care. She could get with Josh if it meant he got to see some skin of Alexa. Jay was taking his inch; Josh could have the mile. Piper sighed, and Lizzy looked oddly intrigued by all this. The only person whose attention wasn’t nabbed was Fandango. The magnificent French bastard was fast asleep.

“So, who has first guess?” said Alexa.

Jay was trying to think of something to guess. Nothing was coming to mind. He was thinking very hard and was drawing a blank.

“You almost got arrested in Middle School for writing your name on the swings,” Said AJ.

Jay didn’t know about that, so he assumed AJ had guessed wrong. However, Alexa took off her shirt, revealing her bra. Jay stared directly at those spheres of joy and instantly felt better. She had a playboy bunny tattoo on her right boob. Jay immediately tried thinking of another thing, but once again, he drew a blank.

“You threw a box of colored pencils at Mr. Walk freshman year,” said Bruce.

Piper slapped Bruce on the shoulder. He giggled as Alexa stood up and took off her pants. She was wearing a lime green thong. She sat down Indian style and looked over to josh. It happened before Jay could comprehend any of it.

“You were the girl who got Coach Hannah Kimbro fired for sleeping around with students!” said Lizzy.

Jay now felt his raging boner extend to its fullest potential. He should have known she would have had a few lesbian experiences. Alexa took off her bra revealing her boobs. Her nipples were popping out due to the cold. They had to be double C’s on the Jay boob scale. They looked phenomenal and so squishy. They were everything Jay imagined and more. Chris high fived his girl Lizzy on a job well done. Alexa wasn’t blushing, but she had the grin the size of Texas.

“Your tits are fan-fucking-tastic,” said Jay.

“Yeah, but I think my ass is better. It’s cuter,” said Alexa.

“Bullshit. Prove it!” said Jay.

“Sure,” said Alexa.

Alexa got up and turned around slowly. Jay noticed her glare toward Josh and the kiss she blew at him. She bent over, and Jay was already impressed by that ass. He was almost in tears at the sight of it. However, just then, CC bursted into the tent in a fit of rage.

“Which one of you no good sons of bitches did it!” said CC.

“What?” said AJ.

“Everybody get out of the fucking tent. Now!” said CC.

The group complied and started moving out of the tent. Jay kept his eyes on Alexa, who was putting on her clothes like she was The Flash. Jay couldn’t even be mad. He got to see exactly what he wanted to. The group stood in a line in front of the fire. CC was pacing. He was very sweaty, and his face was blood red. He was pacing too fast to know if he was shaking, but Jay felt like he no doubt was.

“Who took my fucking weed? Don’t fucking lie because I know exactly who did it. I’m giving you one fucking chance to admit it!” said CC.

Jay immediately gave CC his full attention. He forgot he had secretly hidden weed from CC in an attempt to frame Murphy. This was not good because CC found out too soon. He couldn’t frame Murphy for it. The group remained silent as they felt the tension reach its fever pitch.

“Bruce, you motherfucker. You blew your chance!” said CC.

“What?” said Bruce.

“Don’t you play dumb with me, motherfucker. You were alone in the woods the longest time while your stupid fuckin’ girlfriend was telling campfire stories. Nobody else would have been able to do it,” said CC.

Jay was about to shit his pants. He knew he had just placed the only person he liked here on the chopping block. Goddamn his hormones. This was bad. Really bad.

“How long have you been stealing from me? You best not fucking lie.” said CC.

“I haven’t stole shit!” said Bruce.

“You fucker!” said CC.

CC pulled out a pistol and pointed it directly at Bruce. The group began freaking out. Piper let out a blood-curdling scream.

“Shut the fuck up!” said CC.

CC pistol-whipped Piper in face. Blood squirted from her nose like someone had squeezed a strawberry Kool-Aid Jammer. She laid on the ground, knocked out. Jay was in panic mode with the rest of the group. He was frozen stiff.

“You don’t fuck with my weed! Fucking with my weed is fucking with my money! Fucking with my money is fucking with my life. Now I’m going to fuck with your life.” said CC.

“I didn’t fucking do it. I fucking swear to Christ.” said Bruce.

CC pulled the trigger and blew Bruce’s head off. Blood sprayed over everyone in the group.

“Fuckin’ liar. Hope Jesus heard that,” said CC.

Jay felt like running, but he was frozen in the same spot. He could taste the tin of blood from his fallen friend in his mouth. Some of it had gotten into his eye. What the fuck just happened?