You Are Enough, Find Your Peace

You Are Enough, Find Your Peace

Acknowledging the beauty within yourself.
173

You are enough. With every curve and every crevice of your skin. You are enough, with every lash out and moment of despair. You are enough, with every ounce of love, hurt, anger and confusion that remains well within you. You are enough.

You are enough, with every hair on your body and every freckle that you carry. You are enough, with every moment of laughter you share alone and with others. You are enough, just as you are. You are the sun that rises in the east and sets in the west, eager to begin again anew. You are the gold she exhibits through her rays of empathy, bringing about peace, love, warmth and ease. What you see in her, in the rays of her goldenness is what you may also see within yourself; for what is outside of us is also well within.

“How may I come to believe this?” You might ask. "How may I step into this new perception of myself?"

If you wish to begin anew, know that you may soothe your sorrows. If you wish to begin anew and heal feelings of unworthiness, you may do so! The moment to begin is now my dear love. You don't have to wait until tomorrow or the next day or the day after that or the year after that. You don't have to move to a brand new city to feel better or to start living your dreams. You can begin right here, right now. And it starts with acknowledging the beauty in which you are, the love in which you are. Knowing and believing that she’s there, that she exists.

It begins by aligning with who you know yourself to truly be.

And if you’re unaware of who she might be, it begins with exploration. Probe the depths of who you are by exploring what suits you or what brings you at ease. Perhaps you enjoy painting or drawing. Perhaps you love to sing, dance, or write. Perhaps you enjoy telling the stories of others through video or audio recordings. Perhaps you love to read and enlighten yourself with the tales of others. Perhaps you enjoy walks in nature or moments with the sun. Perhaps you enjoy exercise or movement. Engage in what it is that makes you smile. Engage in those things that allow the feelings of glee, bliss, and joy to work through you. And then and only then will you come into the energy that founds self-worth.

To feel worthy, to step into that place of enough-ness may take some time. It is a journey that I am currently on myself. It is a moment-by-moment, second by second process to remind myself constantly that I am worthy of feeling good. It begins with a concept that I learned from the beautiful Abraham Hicks: “You’ve got to care about how you feel.” Because you see, once you do, the road to success becomes much clearer.

When you care about how you feel, so much so, that you allow yourself to indulge in only the things and thoughts that make you feel good, everything else that is in opposition of that begins to melt away. It is a process that initially takes some effort, in that you must be very mindful of your thinking. But over time, it becomes easier. The process of feeling better, of feeling worthy, becomes a lot more natural and takes less doing. Over time, it becomes less of a process and instead a state of being.

When a thought comes up that says: “I’m not worthy” or “I’m not enough” or “I can’t do that.” I simply take in a deep breath and allow myself to concentrate on a thought or on a feeling that feels a bit better. I shift my attention to things that make me smile, like a video of a puppy, or the sweet text I received from my friend a few days ago, or the way that I was really interested in today’s class lecture.

Shifting focus is a vital and important step in moving from an unloving space, a difficult space, into a place of bliss and peace.

When you care about how you feel, so much so, that you are willing to be your own cheerleader of sorts, your own encourager, life becomes simpler. It becomes less about doing. Doing to fill a void, to gain approval or validation. It becomes more about being enough, just as you are and bringing that energy with you in every task that you complete, with every person that you meet and with every circumstance that you engage in.

So to those that are struggling to see their own light, if there is anything that I would recommend for you at all, it would be to allow yourself the sweet and simple pleasure of moving towards what feels good to you. Take a few moments to reflect on the wonderful things going on in your life. To reflect on the things that make you smile, genuinely smile. It could be the cute girl that sits behind you in math. The way your professor is so passionate and truly wants to watch you succeed. The way your family periodically checks on you. The way your morning oatmeal was sweetened just enough. The way the stars twinkled and danced in yesterday’s moonlight or the way that the wind ruffled through your hair this morning.

Focus on these beautiful things, the things that bring about awe, inspiration, and happiness. It is in focusing on these things, these things that make us smile, that we may remember and come into the energy of knowing we are enough. Because we are enough, in this moment and every moment hereafter.