Enjoy Your Own Company

Enjoy Your Own Company

Solitude and Self Love will be the only two things you have, when you are left with nothing

26
Enjoy Your Own Company
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiCv9-NiMrRAhXCYSYKHeqXBmsQjhwIBQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fexplore%2Fself-happiness-quotes%2F&psig=AFQjCNG6IJB4KZbvn0hxp0-f39t0mhodGQ&ust=1484772852846685

I used to be obsessed with having the image of wanting to be in relationship, to have someone to share and experience life together, but as I age, I have been realizing that it was my own company I have been seeking all along. What I mean by this is: when you are constantly searching for love within others, it only means you are searching for love within yourself. When I learned this, I slowly began to detach myself from the image I used to want so badly.

I am only at the ripe and tender age of 21, about to turn 22, and I have been having so much fun with my friends and even my family. I have been more focused on my education more than ever before (recently making deans list, which I have never done before), and I have grown to love who I am, and figuring out what it is that I truly want for myself. Being in my own company, I am able to grow into the person I am becoming without any serious distractions. Yes, there are many people I know my age who have been in relationships and have found the person that they can grow with, and I truthfully think that is awesome...but for me, I haven't really found that person.

Do I think I ever will find that person? I don't know, maybe...it's not really a main concern for me right now. Do I want to settle down? Eventually yeah, but that would have to be the right person for me, someone who can handle my outgoing lifestyle and someone who can handle a woman that speaks her mind.

I have had my fair share of guys and I think Staten Island guys has really turned me off to dating, because 95% of them all share the same mindset and still act as if their in high school. Now, I know you're saying "Oh what makes you better than them?"...nothing, because I'm not better than anybody, but if you're a female living on Staten Island and are stuck with dating the guys out here...then you will catch my drift.

Being in a relationship with myself has taught me the importance of building a strong foundation, and learning how to nurture and love myself in a positive way. I surround myself with people who share the same mindset and they are some of the most beautiful people I have ever come across. I am still so young and I don't know if I am even ready to settle down with any guy just yet. I'm just trying to have fun, maybe spend some time with a guy and see what happens, but right now, I'm just about myself, college, family and friends...and truthfully, that is all I need right now.