Before You Close This Chapter, Here Are A Few Things To Know

Dear High School Senior, Enjoy And Savor Your Last Moments Of High School

I know you are more excited than I could ever begin to put into words, but as this chapter of your life comes to a close, here are a few things you should remember.

343

Dear high school senior,

I know you are more excited than I could ever begin to put into words but, as this chapter of your life comes to a close, here are a few things you should remember.

First and foremost, enjoy every single second of the time you have left. I know you hear it all the time, but nothing will be the same in a year. Try your best to enjoy where you are now. Live in the moment. Study hard but don't forget to have fun. Be spontaneous and spend time with the people that mean the most to you because pretty soon you will all be headed different directions into an entirely different life. Embrace the fact that your friends are only a short drive away.

Second, when graduation comes, take it as slow as you can. I know you want to sprint across that stage but take a second to just sit back, take a breath, and smile. You made it, take time to be proud of yourself and everything you have accomplished these last 18 years. Next, take the time to thank the teachers who have watched you grow up these past four years. They're going to miss you, make time for them. Oh, and take as many pictures as possible and express every emotion.

Third, have a graduation party. No, not because of the money, but because there is no better feeling than having all of your favorite people in one place. Just trust me on this.

Lastly, enjoy your summer. This is the freest you will ever be. Have fun and enjoy yourself. Spend time with your friends but more importantly, spend time with your family. No matter how much you say you're ready to leave, you'll miss not seeing them every day and they'll miss you too. One last word of advice, have fun but work hard. Find a job you like and work as much as you can. You'll thank me when you don't have to call home asking for money every week.

So as you finish this chapter, make sure to make it a masterpiece. Make sure to capture every moment because no matter how ready you are for this to be over, you'll look back on this chapter one day and smile, I promise.

Sincerely,

A college freshman