We are all going to come in contact with some form of illness in our lifetime. Whether it is ourselves who are sick, a friend, or a loved one. I have definitely had my share of feeling like absolute crap. There is this one pain that comes to my mind that I can never seem to bare: the pain of Endometriosis.

What is Endometriosis? Well, Endometriosis is a condition where tissue similar to the lining of the uterus is found elsewhere in the body.

I'm not writing to complain about my condition; I am writing to inform you. The only reason why I knew what Endometriosis was before I was diagnosed with it was because it runs in my family. Although they knew it ran in my family, they didn't want to consider it a possibility until they knew they had too. I suffered from excruciating pelvic pain for almost two years before I was diagnosed with Endo.

At first, we thought it was just really bad cramps. But as time went on, the pain got worse. There would be times I would lay on my mom's bed, curled up crying because I was in so much pain. NOTHING helped. Not a heating pad, not Tylenol, not the medicine they were prescribing me, absolutely nothing.

Luckily, I was finally sent to a specialist at Boston Children's Hospital, who by the time was done meeting with my mom and I wanted to schedule surgery. With Endometriosis, the only way to be 100% sure you have it is by a laparoscopic surgery. We saw him in February and had my surgery scheduled for May.

Only a couple more months of suffering, I thought to myself.

When the surgery day came, I was more hopeful than I had been in a while. To do this procedure, they made an incision inside my belly button and two right below my waist line. My doctor inflated my stomach so he could see my reproductive organs and found endometrial tissue where it did not belong, so he got rid of it by lasering it off. That day, I was diagnosed with stage two Endometriosis. My doctor told me that I was lucky to catch it when I did because it did not hurt my Fallopian tubes, and if we kept an eye on it, I would still be able to have children when I am older - how lucky. I went home about an hour later. I was put on a hormonal birth control pill to help prevent my Endometriosis from growing back.

It's been almost a year since I had my surgery, and I am still having some Endo pain. I don't think it ever went away. But, I'm fighting through the pain day after day, week after week. The battles that Endometriosis makes some people face is what makes them Endo-Warriors.

This is just a peek into my journey with the wonderful illness that is Endometriosis.