Ending The Semester

Ending The Semester

Sticking around and hanging out
164

Typically near breaks, I'm itching to get home. Who isn't? You don't have to worry about where you're getting your next meal, you get to be back in your big bed, and home is always so much homier than usual. Not this time.

I finish my finals the earliest out of all of my friends, which usually mean I'd be the first one going home. However, this time I decided to stay and hang out. Be with my friends a little bit more and see what Ann Arbor is like minus all the stress of rushing to classes and being locked in the library.

It's not that I don't want to be home, it's simply that I would like to be here more. I love being with my friends late at night and discussing our day, having the ability to dictate my own schedule and what I do with that time. Even though my friends will be studying for finals, this week will give me the chance to be on my own and appreciate my alone time.

I plan to explore the bits of Ann Arbor I've always wanted to see, and the parts I never knew existed. I want to stay in bed all day because I can and nobody can tell me to get out of bed. But most importantly, I want to try and spend all the small minutes of the day with my friends that live so far away, even if it is just talking about our days late at night.