Empowering Taylor Swift Lyrics

27 T-Swift Lyrics That Are Powerful As All Hell

Taylor Swift is a true savage.

25658
Taylor Swift singing

Whether you love her or hate her, there's no denying that T. Swift knows what she's doing. She's been serving bops ever since she hit the scene in her cowgirl boots and wild curls, and she doesn't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Taylor is notorious for going all in when it come's to her music. She doesn't think twice about dragging an ex-boyfriend, or bestie when they've done her wrong, while still staying true to her classic love songs that make us all wish we were Juliet.

She expresses every emotion she feels through her songs, but since they're so catchy it's easy to miss the message she's actually conveying. So, here are 27 lyrics from some of Taylor's most popular songs that are actually more powerful than you may have thought.

1. "And then the world moves on, but one thing's for sure / Maybe I got mine, but you'll all get yours"

- "Look What You Made Me Do"

Hell hath no fury like Taylor Swift scorned.

2. "Just because you're clean don't mean you don't miss it"

-Clean

3. "So don't you worry your pretty little mind / People throw rocks at things that shine / And life makes love look hard"

- "Ours"

4. "But I took your matches / Before fire could catch me / So don't look now / I'm shining like fireworks / Over your sad, empty town"

- "Dear John"

She left nothing to the imagination in this song "Dear John", roasted @ John Mayer.

5. "And you call me up again just to break me like a promise / So casually cruel in the name of being honest"

- "All Too Well"

6. "But no amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity"

- "Better Than Revenge"

Go listen to this song right now and try to tell me the entire thing isn't straight up savage.

7. "Darling. I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream"

- "Blank Space"

Well said Taylor, well said.

8. "When all you wanted was to be wanted / Wish you could go back and tell yourself what you know now / Back then I swore I was going to marry him someday / But I realized some bigger dreams of mine"

- "Fifteen"

9. "All my flowers grew back as thorns / Windows boarded up after the storm / He built a fire just to keep me warm"

- "Call It What You Want"

10. "Heartbreak is the national anthem / We sing it proudly"

- "New Romantics"

11. "And he's long gone, when he's next to me / And I realize the blame is on me"

- "I Knew You Were Trouble"

12. "So watch me strike a match on all my wasted time"

- Picture To Burn

RT

13. "I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on..."

- "A Place In This World"

14. " Why are people always leaving? I think you and I should stay the same."

- "Hey Stephen"

15. "My mistake, I didn't know to be in love you had to fight to have the upper hand."

- "White Horse"

16. " This is a big world, that was a small town there in my rear view mirror disappearing now."

- "White Horse"

Song so powerful, it had to be quoted twice.

" And we know it's never simple, never easy / Never a clean break, no one here to save me"

- "Breathe"

18. "You took a swing, I took it hard / And down here from the ground I see who you are"

- "Tell Me Why"

19. "It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone"

- "Forever And Always"

20. " It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you"

- "Back To December"

Can we take a moment for the Taylor Swift x Taylor Lautner phase, that might just be my favorite.

21. "Someday I'll be living in a big, old city and all you'll ever be is mean"

- "Mean"

Truth.

22. "I'd tell you I miss you, but I don't know how / I've never heard silence quite this loud"

- The Story Of Us

23. "Bring on all the pretenders / One day, we will be remembered"

- "Long Live"

24. "We're happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time / It's miserable and magical"

- "22"

25. "The lights are so bright, but they never blind me"

- "Welcome To New York"

26. "Band-aids don't fix bullet holes / You say sorry just for show"

- "Bad Blood"

Sorry Katy...

27. "Who you are is not where you've been"

- "Innocent"

Just writing that was a rollercoaster of emotions that I would be happy to ride any day, because T. Swift is a queen who deserves every ounce of fame and success she has.