Empowering Songs Boost Self Confidence

For anyone who's had a bad day, is feeling off or just would like a boost of self-confidence: these songs are for you.

1. Don't Worry Bout Me (Zara Larsson)

Zara Larsson is a Swedish singer and songwriter. Her 2019 single, "Don't Worry Bout Me." has lyrics that exude confidence and empowerment — after all, don't worry bout me; worry about yourself.

2. All The Time (Zara Larsson)

Another Zara Larsson song — but this time, swap the empowering lyrics for a catchy beat. What else could put you in such a powerful mood?

3. raingurl (Yaeji)

Yaeji is a Korean-American DJ specializing in EDM and house music. Her single "raingurl," featuring a dramatic beat and repetitious (but hardly annoying) lyrics, will definitely get anyone hyped up.

4. Honey (Kehlani)

Kehlani's "Honey" talks of pretty girls, beautiful wrecks and contains zero mention of men — pretty empowering, in my opinion.

5. The Weekend (SZA)

Although SZA shows off her vocals extremely well in the original "The Weekend," the Funk Wav remix (featuring Calvin Harris) is just a good of an option.

6. Trip (Ella Mai)

Ella Mai's "Trip" tells of realizations and apologies. Mai, an English songwriter and singer, perfectly captures the "sorry, but I don't care anymore" attitude we've all looked for at some point in our lives.

7. Dead To Me (Kali Uchis)

The title of Kali Uchis's song says it all — "Dead To Me." If that isn't enough, try the lyrics — "You're obsessed, just let me go. I'm not somebody to know." Pretty hardcore, right?

8. Shot Clock (Ella Mai)

Another Ella Mai song, but this time, she sings of self-confidence and wasted opportunities. Empowerment at its finest.

9. I Am (Jorja Smith)

Featuring Kendrick Lamar, "I Am," from the "Black Panther" soundtrack, talks about adjusting to change and not apologizing for who you are. This song will definitely give anyone that boost of confidence.

10. Broken Clocks (SZA)

"Broken Clocks," again sung by SZA, features her soothing voice. Perfect for a night of relaxation and self-care.

11. EX (Kiana Lede)

In Kiana Lede's "EX," Lede is direct and confrontational — pretty good advice for someone who's feeling a bit off.

12. Way Back (Rayana Jay)

In "Way Back," Rayana Jay sings of carefree nights and hidden moments. The chill beat speaks of untroubled nights and no worries.

13. Your Teeth In My Neck (Kali Uchis)

Another Kali Uchis song — and again, the lyrics say it all: "I came to fight...you know better."

14. Know Myself (Justine Skye)

Last but not least, Justine Skye's "Know Myself — " the perfect song to give that last-minute boost of confidence.